Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:17 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times

Advertisements

I wonder if she's registered on any adoption reunions? I normally suggest it 1st but most people do DNA and don't even look on the reunion sites. Its how I found my brother in 2004
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 06:32 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
The 1975 Aurora Central High School has a Cynthia Thompson pictured with "Sophmores" on pages 246/247.

Found on Classmates.com. Also frequent references to a Sherri Thompson in 1979; same school.
Good work, it could be her!

OP I was able to view the picture on Classmates.com with a free account. Tried to get a picture on my cell phone, it sucks, but you at least get a quick view.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Birth Mother in Colorado-20170110_202221-2.jpg  

Old 01-11-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
In Greeley CO newspaper, May 1977 several issues listed high school graduates from Greeley Central High School...Cynthia Denise Thompson on lists.
As Historyfan mentioned, I found the newspaper listings. There's one article about a medical program a Cynthia Denise Thompson was in https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/25133813/ in 1977 I wonder if she actually went in to the medical field.

You can hit CTL 5 on your computer to see her name, but it's the picture on the upper right, her being on the very right of your screen.

I wonder if she went off to college somewhere after graduating HS, it does appear she graduated in 1977
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/25109280/

Old 01-11-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
OP, do you possibly have any more details? Hospital name, your adopted name, when you were adopted?

Where have you searched already? What do you know about your background? Where did you receive the information of your Mother's name. The more information you can provide, the better for those who would like to help you in your search.

Try posting on Gary's Adoption Website, or any other website, to aid in your search.
Do you mean G's registry?
Here is Colorado

I found my brother on Registry at adoption.com. I did a date search, do not see anything. The OP may want to make a profile just in case it's needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDolberg View Post
Two copies of the OBC were given to me. One reads Cynthia Denise Thompson and the other copy I received is a Report of Adoption and it has her name as Cindy Thompson. The OBC has her address as 2230 South Ironton St Aurora CO. I've looked at past deed owners and there isn't one listed prior to '85 and the home was built in '53. I have a paper that says she had a brother and sister at that time, my grandmother passed away from stomach cancer at 36, grandfather was 38, and my great grandfather was 65 and GGma died at 63 from a stroke. The property may have been owned by the military, since Lowery and Buckley Air Force bases are in the area. I was born at St. Joseph's in Denver and I only have her name. Unfortunately, this time era is crazy, people shipped off pregnant girls to other states to have their babies quite often. Thank you for any assistance given.
Do you have her DOB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
The 1975 Aurora Central High School has a Cynthia Thompson pictured with "Sophmores" on pages 246/247.

Found on Classmates.com. Also frequent references to a Sherri Thompson in 1979; same school.
Yearbook link

Old 01-11-2017, 04:13 PM

[quote=Roselvr;46788888]Do you mean G's registry?
Here is Colorado

Yes, that's the site I go to most.

There are a lot of adoption websites out there, some better than others, but none of them should be overlooked when searching for information, you never know who will click on which one. The more info you have out there, the better to help people find each other.

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST:

I made a typo in my previous post. It should have read to hit the CTRL and F keys to be able to search by name/keyword. Pardon my typo!!!

Old 01-11-2017, 04:25 PM

OP, just sent you a private message, please check your box. I do believe your search has been solved. Please let us on this board know when you have your answer.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:44 PM

[quote=Eldemila;46795385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Do you mean G's registry?
Here is Colorado

Yes, that's the site I go to most.

There are a lot of adoption websites out there, some better than others, but none of them should be overlooked when searching for information, you never know who will click on which one. The more info you have out there, the better to help people find each other.

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST:

I made a typo in my previous post. It should have read to hit the CTRL and F keys to be able to search by name/keyword. Pardon my typo!!!
Thanks; that's what I thought. I just did 3 adoption blogs; one for DNA, one for the reunion registry as well as state laws for original birth certificates and FB groups and a 3rd on black and gray market. Let me know if you have anything to add if you have time to scan them over

Old 01-11-2017, 05:57 PM

16 posts, read 14,794 times
The information I was given says that the maternal mother of Cynthia died at 36. Not sure if the puzzle has been solved quit yet. But, I'm interested to have any more info that y'all can come up with.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:46 PM

OP, I'm hoping that I didn't jump the gun there. I though the information was that the it was Cynthia's grandmother, so if I read that wrong, I am sorry. That' what could happen when you are rushing out the door as I mentioned and trying to get information out.

I went by the info that she was from Aurora, CO. and what was posted above about a Cynthia Thompson at the school. Based on what was found, and what the newspaper had listed for 1977 graduation, I went on that. Found what county that school was in, and looked under public records. Figured, since your bio mother was born in 1959/60 that her birth mother must have been born +/- 1940-ish. Found the obit, with her name in there, and figured that was it.

I do see now that that would be hard, not impossible, that she had graduated in 1977.

But again, do not leave any stone unturned, and look in to every possible lead. I'd be surprised that with the wonderful people on this board, you will find her.

I will continue to look for leads, and hope others will continue as well. Again, sorry if I jumped the gun there. Next time I will take my time before posting/sending.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
OP, I'm hoping that I didn't jump the gun there. I though the information was that the it was Cynthia's grandmother, so if I read that wrong, I am sorry. That' what could happen when you are rushing out the door as I mentioned and trying to get information out.

I went by the info that she was from Aurora, CO. and what was posted above about a Cynthia Thompson at the school. Based on what was found, and what the newspaper had listed for 1977 graduation, I went on that. Found what county that school was in, and looked under public records. Figured, since your bio mother was born in 1959/60 that her birth mother must have been born +/- 1940-ish. Found the obit, with her name in there, and figured that was it.

I do see now that that would be hard, not impossible, that she had graduated in 1977.

But again, do not leave any stone unturned, and look in to every possible lead. I'd be surprised that with the wonderful people on this board, you will find her.

I will continue to look for leads, and hope others will continue as well. Again, sorry if I jumped the gun there. Next time I will take my time before posting/sending.
Did the obit give Cindy's married name?

I went to Intelius, looked for Cynthia, Cindy and Cyndi Thompson, in CO age 51-60 and am not seeing one that matches name/ age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search