Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 AM

14 posts, read 48,192 times

Advertisements

Hi, Everybody:

My name is Jeff Lewis, I'm 83 years old, and I need your help. If you are more than sixty years old, spent the 1960s in Hot Springs, and used to go to the Black Orchid (a favorite drinking spot frequented by young adults), you may remember a young lady in her twenties,very attractive and popular, who was there often, not only as a patron, but occasionally even tended the bar. Her name was Jan. (I have forgotten her last name). She'd probably be in her mid-sixties now. It's become essential to me that I find out if she is well, and has lived a happy life. If you can tell me anything at all about her that would help me find her, please Email me at jwrites4u@aol.com. I'd be deeply appreciative.

Thank you.

Jeff

Last edited by jwrites4u; 08-26-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: Left out Email address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,514,078 times
Oh.Wow ..Jeff!
I sure wish you could remember her last name. It is almost impossible to find her without a last name. Search your brain real hard.
Good luck!

Okie

Old 08-26-2009, 12:10 PM

Smile Jan's Last Name

I have searched every corner of my brain. I know it's there somewhere, but it hasn't come to me. About two weeks ago, I thought it had suddenly appeared, but then, in the same flash that it had appeared...it was gone. I will try just about anything to touch base with anybody who might be able to help me find out how to contact her. This is not a crazy old coot's fantasizing about rekindling an old romantic relationship of forty five years ago. And I do not want to cause any embarrassment to her and her family. I just want to know if she's well and if she's happy.

Again, thanks Okie for your good wishes.

Jeff

Old 08-26-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrites4u View Post
I have searched every corner of my brain. I know it's there somewhere, but it hasn't come to me. About two weeks ago, I thought it had suddenly appeared, but then, in the same flash that it had appeared...it was gone. I will try just about anything to touch base with anybody who might be able to help me find out how to contact her. This is not a crazy old coot's fantasizing about rekindling an old romantic relationship of forty five years ago. And I do not want to cause any embarrassment to her and her family. I just want to know if she's well and if she's happy.

Again, thanks Okie for your good wishes.

Jeff
I know you are not a crazy old coot! LOL!

I was looking for my paternal side of my family when I ran accross this forum. They found them for me and all turned out great! I just hope they can find your search too!
Even if you could just remember part of her last name!
Think,Think!Think!
I want so much for you to find her!
Be patient and check back on this forum often.
If anyone can find her they will!
They are good!
Again
Good Luck!

Okie

Old 08-26-2009, 01:39 PM

Default RE: Black Orchid Hot Springs "Looking for Jan"

Okie:

Why is it that I feel that if we were neighbors, we'd be friends?

Jeff

Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM

LOL! Jeff
We can still be friends.
But I will warn ya...
I'm not as sweet as you think I am.

Just kidding!
Well,
A little...

Okie

Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Looking for Jan

At least you're helping me to smile (a little). Haven't done that in two weeks, ever since I suddenly realized that I have to find out what happened to this woman. At least I know that I can't stop until there is nothing else to try.

Glad they helped you find your family. There is nothing in the world that is more important. I lost my wife nine years ago after 51 years, 7 months and 1 week of a magnificent life together. I have a 43 year old daughter whom I adore more than life itself. So to me, family is everything, and I'm glad that you found yoiurs.

Jeff

Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 PM

Jeff,
I am so glad I put a smile on your face. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife.I can tell it still hurt's.
Keep your chin up.
You found a good place to post.
I usualy post on the
"Other Topic's Board"
Feel free to talk about what ever you want to there.

Okie

Old 08-26-2009, 02:28 PM

Default Looking For Jan

Okie:

A name just popped into my head. I have no idea where it came from, and it's most likely nowhere near, but then again, it may be Jan's last name.
The name is "Marvis"....Jan Marvis.

Jeff

Old 08-26-2009, 02:34 PM

Great! Jeff
Hopefully, someone will be able to help you soon!

Okie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search