Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,053 times

Advertisements

alright so i dont have much concrete proof but my father was born in jan 12 1957 adopted at 17 months his name is timothy vaughn baskin n known in murfreesboro tn tbh id ask for him to see records but hes such an ******* he wouldnt give permission anyways so gotta do it this way

from what i have been told by other adoptive relations his mother was said to be dorothy d coleman later married to an so went to dorothy coleman-shrum she lived in readyville tn at around 15 -16 hen she had him moved to lewisburg tn when she married a shrum we believe charles shrum she lived an died in michigan in 16 aug 2017 born march 6 1934 in murfreesboro tn parents lee an leslie coleman dont know mothers maiden name no other info

his father was said to be a robert james of murfreesboron tn son of guy james or grandson no proof he has a brother as well named carl james it was figured that in that time that carl may have just told his brothers name for the record but thats just suspicion

anyways thats all i have on it

any dates or any info will be helpful

any help would be appreciated

Last edited by bbaskin; 01-20-2018 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 02:39 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaskin View Post
alright so i dont have much concrete proof but my father was born in jan 12 1957 adopted at 17 months his name is timothy vaughn baskin n known in murfreesboro tn tbh id ask for him to see records but hes such an ******* he wouldnt give permission anyways so gotta do it this way

from what i have been told by other adoptive relations his mother was said to be dorothy d coleman later married to an so went to dorothy coleman-shrum she lived in readyville tn at around 15 -16 hen she had him moved to lewisburg tn when she married a shrum we believe charles shrum she lived an died in michigan in 16 aug 2017 born march 6 1934 in murfreesboro tn parents lee an leslie coleman dont know mothers maiden name no other info

his father was said to be a robert james of murfreesboron tn son of guy james or grandson no proof he has a brother as well named carl james it was figured that in that time that carl may have just told his brothers name for the record but thats just suspicion

Consider doing a family tree. You can also try searching family search to see if someone made trees for who you're looking for. Also consider doing DNA. You may get answers that way

Family tree and DNA general instructions

Old 01-28-2018, 12:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
In addition to Roselvr's excellent suggestion, you might also try posting this question in the Genealogy forum as well, since what you're really looking for is genealogical information from the past, rather than to find a specific person in the present day.

Have you already looked through records at Ancestry.com and Familysearch.com?

Last edited by RosieSD; 01-28-2018 at 01:10 PM..

Old 01-28-2018, 01:20 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
alright so i dont have much concrete proof but my father was adopted at 17 months id ask for him to see records but hes such an ******* he wouldnt give permission anyways so gotta do it this way
Hmmm, I just re-read your post and noticed the above.

My sister in law (who is about your Dad's age) is also adopted. I could probably easily find information about her birth family based on what my mother in law knows about them, but my sister in law has been adamant that she does not have any desire to learn about her birth family. So, I have opted to respect her wishes and not search for information about her birth family. Since she's decided to not pursue it, I won't either.

I mention this because if your father has refused to provide any information that he knows, he may feel, as my sister in law does, that his true "family" is the one that raised him, or he may have other reasons for not wanting you to search for his birth family information.

I do understand your desire to find the answers about your father's family. I'd be curious too.

But perhaps as part of your search, you first need to circle back to your father and calmly listen to why he's unwilling to share any information he knows with you or refuses to assist in your search, and at the same time, also discuss your own reasons for wanting to learn about his birth family with him again. Sometimes, approaching things in a different way can lead to different outcomes.

Last edited by RosieSD; 01-28-2018 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-28-2018, 07:12 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
In addition to Roselvr's excellent suggestion, you might also try posting this question in the Genealogy forum as well, since what you're really looking for is genealogical information from the past, rather than to find a specific person in the present day.

Have you already looked through records at Ancestry.com and Familysearch.com?
The Op posted on the Genealogy forum almost two years ago and the advice there was that it was more of a people search question.
Being located in the zip code for Murfreesboro the Op should have resources there in the form of city directories, land records, cemetery records, etc.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:45 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,433,645 times
Quote:

Well her obituary is online and her daughter posted photos so if you want proof you might contact the daughter, explain everything and see if she is willing to do a DNA test, however, I would ask your father first as this might cause him pain and not be something he is willing to go through. While you may want to know who your family is, your father's opinion is more important at the moment. When he is gone you may do as you please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search