Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 AM

10 posts, read 18,499 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am a dansih woman and I am looking for a relative in Illinois.
His name is Ronald Schroeder and he is son of William and Elna Schroeder.
His mother is my fathers cousin. Ronalds greatgrandfathers name was Peter Ostergaard.
I hope someone can help me...

best regards from

Jette Toft
Hobro
Denmark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 05:19 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Shroeder is a relatively common name in Illinois.. Do you know where they lived? Illinois is the 6th most populated state in America.. You have to find a place to start.

How are you cousins. Schroeder is a German name.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:12 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
...How are you cousins. Schroeder is a German name.
You do not think Europeans migrate to and marry people from other countries in Europe?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:07 AM

Hi
I still havent found Ronald Schroeder. Where can I try to locate him?. I have contacted Cook county clerk but without luck. Ronalds mother was danish as her father and mother were danish. His mother was my fathers cousin.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:29 AM
tlw

97 posts, read 432,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexronjas View Post
Hi
I still havent found Ronald Schroeder. Where can I try to locate him?. I have contacted Cook county clerk but without luck. Ronalds mother was danish as her father and mother were danish. His mother was my fathers cousin.
Reunion.com allows you to register and gives you some free access though I am not sure how much. You might consider even paying a fee short term if the information they give you is not enough. Another site along the same lines is ancestry.com.

I have found people in the past going through the individual websites of the local governments where they lived or once lived, though it can sometimes take a bit of time. Some are very easy to navigate and search and some are not. I have done much better that route than over the phone with a government employee.
Do searches in police and criminal records for the city and the county. Look at obituaries, marriages, real estate notices and transfers. Do searches in the local newspapers and in the archives of the newspapers also. Some are very extensive and give you full access and some not so much.

One really good way to try to find a trail on somebody that is totally free is the website missingmoney.com. This is a free national database for checking for money that you or someone lost or left in the system at one time or another........... utility company deposits, phone deposits, stocks, inheritance from someone that never got to the intended recipient, most anything really. This is 100% legit and can really be quite fun. A friend of mine got $1600 back doing this. I personally found two on myself though both were under $100. I found one for my great aunt that died in the 1960's and one for another relative living in Chicago in the 1950's so the records go back a long way. Once you get to the opening page of missingmoney.com you can do a national search at the top of the page or there is a map of the U.S. down lower that you can click on the individual states and it takes you directly to the individual databases for that state. In addition to getting lost money back this is a great way of tracking and finding a trail for someone.

This is also very important.
On any searches try different variations of the name........... Ronald Schroeder, R. Schroeder, Ron Schroeder, Ronny, Mr. or Mrs. Ronald, Ronny, R., Schroeder, in the case of a female her maiden and married name, and so on. Even nicknames have come up for me.

When I have done this at times it is just dead end after dead end then all of the sudden something hits and it just chain reactions into more and more information bits and pieces and leads. Be patient and organized and I'm betting you can find him.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Hi tlw

Thank you very much for your advice. I will try them, but suddenly Illinois is very big. I am just from little Denmark and we have not such problems for finding people, but I hope I will find Ronald.....

Thank you very much... (sorry about my english, it is not the best....)

Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 AM

HiI found some more informations about my fathers cousin Elna. When she died she lived at 2130 N. Karlov Cook County Illinois.Maybe there is some one here who can help me telling me if the house is still owned by Schroeder.. or maybe who sold it after her death...Thank you very much for your help.Best regards fromJette Toft KristensenDenmark

Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexronjas View Post
HiI found some more informations about my fathers cousin Elna. When she died she lived at 2130 N. Karlov Cook County Illinois.Maybe there is some one here who can help me telling me if the house is still owned by Schroeder...
That address is in Chicago.

It is very doubtful a Schroeder still owns the house. It was probably sold many years ago. That area is now largely Hispanic.

Here is some more info:

http://chicago.blockshopper.com/prop...enue_unit_12a/

Old 01-15-2010, 04:27 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,434,882 times
His name is very common. Do you know his date of birth or approximate age? A middle name or initial?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 PM

Hi
No I am sorry I have no date of birth or anything..but I have been told that he had sisters or brothers... but is there any place where we can se informations about who have been living on this address??
I have tried a lot for finding informations about this family but I only have the names I have written here... except I think that Ronalds middlename was or is Paul.. Ronald Paul Schroeder-
thank you very much for your help...

best regards
Jette Kristensen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search