Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:34 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Bottom line, people should make their own way through life. Yet they take money from the government which is paid by hard working Americans.

My question is, if any of these people provided a service or product they would expect paid for it. There are some people who don't do anything positive yet expect others to pay for them.
Yes, but there are some who really deserve the assistance.

The problem, as I see it, is that there are not enough bottom end jobs. Jobs for those who are not scholastically inclined. No more factory jobs in the US, and the unskilled jobs that remain are often given to illegals or new immigrants who are willing to work for slave wages, illegally two or three families to an apartment.

Our own citizen lower classes are squeezed out of the workforce by government policies and the taxpayer takes the brunt of it, so in effect we are subsidizing all of those businesses that are hiring these low wage individuals.

Now both parties are getting together, talking about another amnesty. Both parties.

A person could go even further and say it is the wealthy who derive the most benefit from these companies that take advantage of cheap labor, so perhaps it is they who should pay the bulk of the taxes supporting those on government assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,999 times
Quote:
What you don't get is these people are already paying high taxes but and as they want to grow their business resulting in more hires they are looking at higher taxes so they are holding off. Then to add insult it is the very people who are collecting welfare and don't do a damn thing that are all for raising taxes.

Try taking money off a drug dealer and see how that works. I have always said when you vote to increase taxes on others it will get you in one form or another.

Personally I think if you have no skin in the game then you should not vote.
The taxes have been as low as ever especially in the Obama Admin.

Small businesses get credit for hiring folks.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Small businesses get credit for hiring folks.
LOLOLOL. Obama often touts his 18 small business tax cuts, but there's some confusion as to what they really are.

Many are renewals of tax breaks that already existed. Others are expansions of previous breaks. And every time a measure gets renewed, the Obama administration is counting it as yet another tax cut. Things get even more complicated because some tax cuts have already expired.

If extensions or expansions aren't double counted, the list comes out to 14 tax breaks -- and only five are still around.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,999 times
Quote:
LOLOLOL. Obama often touts his 18 small business tax cuts, but there's some confusion as to what they really are.

Many are renewals of tax breaks that already existed. Others are expansions of previous breaks. And every time a measure gets renewed, the Obama administration is counting it as yet another tax cut. Things get even more complicated because some tax cuts have already expired.

If extensions or expansions aren't double counted, the list comes out to 14 tax breaks -- and only five are still around.
So it is expanded. He extended the Bush Tax Cuts too.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:23 PM

231 posts, read 390,990 times
My boss is the wealthiest person I have ever met. I have had some frank discussions with him about money.

He sums it up pretty simply: The more money you have, the more money problems you have, in that you must be responsible for that money.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:27 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
My boss is the wealthiest person I have ever met. I have had some frank discussions with him about money.

He sums it up pretty simply: The more money you have, the more money problems you have, in that you must be responsible for that money.
I don't think there are MORE money problems, just different ones that involve not wanting to lose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance