Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,207,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt0001 View Post
I don't know about the other person, but I know for myself I made about 15.5% percent with mines over the last 12 months. Over the last 3 year the rate of return was 13.7% but to achieve this I was constantly watching it like a hawk moving my money in and out of funds re-balancing until I made a decent amount of profit without being greedy and move it out and waited for the next pull back to re-enter again. To be able to do this you have to be near by a computer everyday and have the ability to watch what the Dow and S&P and economy is doing and make the trade by 4pm if necessary before the close of market hours. If not you will have a difficult time trying to achieve a decent yearly return instead you will end up riding the market up with your money then back down again which most folks end up doing with these 401k. I really don't like the aka 401k Ponzi scheme because most of the employer ones really do suck and they have a very limited amount of fund choices to invest.
We are not talking about the last 12 month but 2011. What was your return for 2011?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM

107 posts, read 204,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
We are not talking about the last 12 month but 2011. What was your return for 2011?
It was 4% for 2011 ( It probably would have been slightly higher but I attribute that year to the following factors , I did not have alot of capital in it like I do currently which enables me to basically swing trade it and make a profit quicker, and I was not as active with it (watching it daily ) as I am now and also I was not maxing it out at 17k either, then I have to factor in job change )

2012 / 2013 , I have been doing all of the above so those factors did not apply.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,207,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt0001 View Post
It was 4% for 2011 ( It probably would have been slightly higher but I attribute that year to the following factors , I did not have alot of capital in it like I do currently which enables me to basically swing trade it and make a profit quicker, and I was not as active with it (watching it daily ) as I am now and also I was not maxing it out at 17k either, then I have to factor in job change )

2012 / 2013 , I have been doing all of the above so those factors did not apply.
Well 4% is inline with market then. Dow was 5.5% Nasdaq -1.8% and S&P 0% for 2011........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance