Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,261,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Minimum wage should be geographic like Federal gov't salaries. $15'hr in San Fran, NYC, DC and closer to $10 in low cost of living areas. Seems simple to me.

That's an idea that has merit, but it would seem more prudent to move most federal offices out to the Paintsville Kentucky's and Fort Smith Arkansas's of this world and get them the heck out of Washington DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 11:44 PM

29 posts, read 42,588 times
Most americans are entitled to high paying job, even though they do and contribute less to keep the economy and society running. They thinkg that just because they got in debt, completed a 4 year college, which anyone can do, considering how dumbed down education here is when compared to europe, south america, asia, biggest proof how ignorant many of them are when it comes to everything, yet they expect a big paycheck and juicy retirement just because they obtained a worthless piece of paper, which even a grandma can do nowadays, as if getting that makes them more intelligent or superior than the people who chose not to go to school

Even the trash man is contributing more to society that what these people do jerking around in a cubicle, kissing their bosses ass, socializing with coworkers and out of the 8 hour shift, basically just workinh 4 or 5

It is all part of the american dream where they think they all deserve expensive cars, become rich, etc

They couldn't care less about the people barely surviving, let alone, people in other countries who truly live in poverty

Old 04-29-2016, 12:11 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Nodt View Post
Most americans are entitled to high paying job, even though they do and contribute less to keep the economy and society running. They thinkg that just because they got in debt, completed a 4 year college, which anyone can do, considering how dumbed down education here is when compared to europe, south america, asia, biggest proof how ignorant many of them are when it comes to everything, yet they expect a big paycheck and juicy retirement just because they obtained a worthless piece of paper, which even a grandma can do nowadays, as if getting that makes them more intelligent or superior than the people who chose not to go to school

Even the trash man is contributing more to society that what these people do jerking around in a cubicle, kissing their bosses ass, socializing with coworkers and out of the 8 hour shift, basically just workinh 4 or 5

It is all part of the american dream where they think they all deserve expensive cars, become rich, etc

They couldn't care less about the people barely surviving, let alone, people in other countries who truly live in poverty
Poverty is relative. I could go to the Philippines and live like fat cat Fidel Castro while in the Bay Area I'm deep in poverty.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:36 AM

282 posts, read 236,329 times
So what you're saying is you can live off of $20/hr comfortably.
I mean, I'm not disagreeing with that. It's just the reality is not everyone is married, has someone they trust with finances, and otherwise will go half on everything with. On the other hand, it's not any different than having a roommate I suppose.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:48 AM

391 posts, read 290,486 times
I could live off $10 an hour.

I'd more than likely hate myself, my life and everyone around me though.

I'd be one ornery SOB.

I love having money... blows being broke. I was never happy broke... that is one lie I'll never tell.

You can tell me how happy you are to talk to people outside the ATM at 11 pm waiting for your check to clear. You can't go anyplace because your car is on "E". Lived that... Yea, no thanks.

Far as the original poster... your friends are more than likely over their heads in debt. Soon as they divorce you will hear the horror story. Cue up "I thought they were doing fine!" or "They seemed so happy."

Okay, just kidding about the divorce... debt, I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance