Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 06:31 PM

472 posts, read 473,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
How lousy does your credit rating need to be to be stuck with credit card fees? I only have zero fee cards. I've never had a bank decline an application for one.

Like most other people in this thread, I just toss those credit card contract updates I get into the trash. They only pertain to people who carry a balance and who get nailed with late payment fees. I have my cards configured to auto-pay in full. The only way I can have a late payment is if the credit card company makes an error and neglects to make the transaction. That's happened a couple of times with replacement cards.
Your post make no sense. What does credit score has to do with annual fees?

I never just toss a change of terms away. Id lIke to know what they are changing and why. It's careless and semi reckless to just toss that information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:19 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
How lousy does your credit rating need to be to be stuck with credit card fees? I only have zero fee cards. I've never had a bank decline an application for one.

Like most other people in this thread, I just toss those credit card contract updates I get into the trash. They only pertain to people who carry a balance and who get nailed with late payment fees. I have my cards configured to auto-pay in full. The only way I can have a late payment is if the credit card company makes an error and neglects to make the transaction. That's happened a couple of times with replacement cards.
I have a platinum Amex with a 450.00 annual fee and there is nothing wrong with my credit. Don't be so short sighted as it's worth the money for me personally

Old 08-23-2016, 08:16 PM

12 posts, read 13,512 times
I got the same exact thing in the mail and my credit profile is pretty solid. I have been with Chase for 8 years now. May be looking elsewhere in the near future.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Don't tase me, Chase!

Old 08-25-2016, 10:25 AM

581 posts, read 615,210 times
Quote:

My MileagePlus card has an annual fee, and I easily make way more than that fee in flight savings every year. I also have a credit score above 800

Old 08-25-2016, 02:49 PM

287 posts, read 363,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I have a platinum Amex with a 450.00 annual fee and there is nothing wrong with my credit. Don't be so short sighted as it's worth the money for me personally
Same here. I've got 2 cards with an over $400 annual fee. But I got over $2000 worth of travel bonuses from each. Along with reimbursement of several expenses as a benefit, also worth several hundred dollars.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:49 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingprop View Post
My MileagePlus card has an annual fee, and I easily make way more than that fee in flight savings every year. I also have a credit score above 800
I have the milage plus card but will dump it at the year anniversary. I just applied for the chase saphire reserved which is on its way and runs 450.00 a year which I will pay one year for and dump. I will probably keep my plat Amex especially since they opened their lounge in IAH

Old 08-25-2016, 02:54 PM

287 posts, read 363,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I have the milage plus card but will dump it at the year anniversary. I just applied for the chase saphire reserved which is on its way and runs 450.00 a year which I will pay one year for and dump. I will probably keep my plat Amex especially since they opened their lounge in IAH
Similar to my strategy. I got my Chase Sapphire Reserve yesterday, its an awesome card. I may keep it and dump the Amex Platinum since it does 3X points on dining out. But the Centurion clubs are really nice, so I see your point. Went to the one at IAH a few days after it opened, made my layover quite enjoyable.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,331,320 times
Something similar happened to me with a Chase card in the past. I spoke to a manager, didn't do any good, so I closed the account. I was very upset.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:44 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,856,202 times
i got a notice today that the chase cards we have are going to a 125.00 per point instead of 100.00 in their rewards program .

i use fidelity's card and get 2% back with no hitches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance