Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 11:51 PM

343 posts, read 353,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm surprised that those of you who responded to the OP couldn't tell that you were being trolled. And if you doubt that the OP is a troll, here are a couple of his other posts over the past few days:
The question is legit enough to not raise the troll alarm. You demonstrated other posts, which requires digging into the OP's past posts. Thank you for the heads up, I almost responded to him myself. Just keep in mind, that people aren't dumb here. They just want to help someone out without having to scrutinize their entire post history.

It's too bad he's just a troll. I had an entire poor person joke worked out and everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 12:27 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
I'm surprised that those of you who responded to the OP couldn't tell that you were being trolled. And if you doubt that the OP is a troll, here are a couple of his other posts over the past few days:
Yeah but it was worth it for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
"motor mound"

Old 03-07-2019, 05:59 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentvoyce View Post
The question is legit enough to not raise the troll alarm. You demonstrated other posts, which requires digging into the OP's past posts. Thank you for the heads up, I almost responded to him myself. Just keep in mind, that people aren't dumb here. They just want to help someone out without having to scrutinize their entire post history.

It's too bad he's just a troll. I had an entire poor person joke worked out and everything.
The OP's user name is Ava. I think they're probably a she.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava_Foreteller View Post
I can't afford to pay my car-note to keep my car, and there going to take it away. The motor mound doesn't work so it can't be drive. Where is it going to go? Is there anyway I can get it back?
What?

Old 03-07-2019, 06:20 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Go see a loan shark they will loan you the money with a 200% interest rate because that’s the only one going to lend you money for a very very long time so get use to going to the hood to see your new banker.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Poor baby. Next time don't buy more car than you can afford to pay cash on the barrel for.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:59 AM

233 posts, read 155,651 times
Default best buy on used car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava_Foreteller View Post
I can't afford to pay my car-note to keep my car, and there going to take it away. The motor mound doesn't work so it can't be drive. Where is it going to go? Is there anyway I can get it back?

A very frustrating thing, but why would you want a broke car back ?

If you can't afford payments, you likely can't afford to get it properly fixed either!

MY father came up with a great idea for folks constantly burned, by spending what little money they had, on poorly engineered cars, in the shop getting repaired more often than not.

Go to the library, to the reference section, and look for the consumers reports book of best buys......
then go to the year at the proper price point you can really afford, and look for the best buys on used cars section and choose from that list.....they use dealer repair records to pick them and choose from there.

They do most of the work, and you still get to choose from the list they have, and it's not a guarantee, but is an educated guess......a far better chance than without that info.....My 1st car broke a ball joint within days of purchase....and I've had my share of lemons too....

Old 03-07-2019, 03:11 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,359,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Does bankruptcy allow you to keep a car that you owe money on?
As long as you intend to pay for the car. Same with a house. You can keep the house. Different chapters of Bankruptcy. Depends on what you are trying to do. When you file, you keep the car out of the BK.

Then again it does not help if you have not been making the payments.

Before someone decided to file for a BK I would ask them, have they done all they can to pay back the debt that they owe? Are you working all the overtime you can work? Are you working a second job? Do you have a side hustle that can bring in extra money. Do you have things you could sell to raise money? Have you cut the cable, Starbucks, other extras out of your life. Have you stopped spending money on things you don't need. People are surprised at all the money they can find when they cut back.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
As long as you intend to pay for the car. Same with a house. You can keep the house. Different chapters of Bankruptcy. Depends on what you are trying to do. When you file, you keep the car out of the BK.

Then again it does not help if you have not been making the payments.

Before someone decided to file for a BK I would ask them, have they done all they can to pay back the debt that they owe? Are you working all the overtime you can work? Are you working a second job? Do you have a side hustle that can bring in extra money. Do you have things you could sell to raise money? Have you cut the cable, Starbucks, other extras out of your life. Have you stopped spending money on things you don't need. People are surprised at all the money they can find when they cut back.
I'll respect the premise of why bankruptcy would not require your silly questions or antedotes. What good is living if your working 12 hr ,7 days and selling off your house goods to keep that image ? Of being in debt.
I was encouraged to avoid bankruptcy despite being 27 k in debt. Because I had pride and didn't want to be a debt dodger. So 4 yrs later the debts were paid ..and I now have 12 years of bad credit listed !! Never mind that I paid every dime. Had I filed bankruptcy I would have only 1 bad mark. And then it would be 27 k in my account . I no longer listen to fools who have no clue how bankrutcy works and why sometimes it's necessary.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:12 PM

6,822 posts, read 11,556,490 times
Quote:
Oh, MMOB, it’s a simple mistake....shifted their hands off the home keys and made that “18” into “29”. OP is obviously a touch typist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance