Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 10:14 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
If you use ezee pass and have the chase sapphire reserve , check the points you are getting on ezee pass as well as things coded travel ..

I noticed today that since November it shows zero points when it should be 3x for ezee pass which we use a lot for big dollars here in nyc with about 30 bucks in tolls every time we see the kids

Well I called chase and spent 30 minutes on the phone with a rep …she saw no reason it should be zero , it clearly is coded travel .

She escalated it and the next level took over …

They too are baffled but we both think the root maybe this .

Even though the 300 travel credited was depleted , their system may not have fully subtracted the 300 from the other categories they let us use other than travel ..

So the system just keeps thinking there is money left when it shows none left since we used it .

They escalated it up stream to see how to resolve it and to see if this is a real problem for others too and I just happen to catch it .
most of my ezpass is on my ink preferred card, i looked and i am getting 3x points for it:

E-Z*PASSNY REBILL
05/20 $235.00 3x
705 pts -
+ 1 Point per $1 earned on all purchases235 pts
+ 2 Points per $1 on trvl, ship, adv, telecom470 pts
Total rewards705 pts
Statement Post Date 05/21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 10:17 AM

106,687 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Your good .

Mine shows zero points , not even 1x .

So far they have no idea what is triggering it …one other thing they thought was expats reads ezee pass rebill .

They thought that may be triggering the system to think it is a rebill of an early charge .

But they looked and saw that is how it reads from ezee pass all along and I was getting 3x

Old 06-17-2021, 12:46 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
I think you ought to hold out for the Rubidium, Rhenium, Praseodymium, or Unobtanium cards.

Honestly I think the whole thing is a big earthenware jar of that which fertilizes.

Just use your credit card for convenience and pay the entire balance every month, then it won't matter. All the rest of this nonsense is another form of either rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, or obsessing over the tyranny of small differences. The credit card companies' marketeers have got y'all right where they want you - I would say by the short and curlies - but they've got you by the checking account which is way worse.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:24 PM

10,359 posts, read 7,990,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Just use your credit card for convenience and pay the entire balance every month, then it won't matter.
Or you can use your credit card for convenience and security, pay off your balance in full every month, and earn some cash back and rewards while you're at it. There is no drawback to properly using a credit card that offers rewards, provided you can qualify for one and (if it's a card with an annual fee) the benefits are worth more than the cost of the fee.

Old 06-18-2021, 03:14 AM

We get loads of dollars a year in credit card perks …of course those perks are built in those prices we pay for goods and services.

So I want to thank all those who pay those prices but don’t make use of the rebates through credit card use so the rest of us can take advantage of these rebates on what we spend

Old 06-18-2021, 10:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I think you ought to hold out for the Rubidium, Rhenium, Praseodymium, or Unobtanium cards.

Honestly I think the whole thing is a big earthenware jar of that which fertilizes.

Just use your credit card for convenience and pay the entire balance every month, then it won't matter. All the rest of this nonsense is another form of either rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, or obsessing over the tyranny of small differences. The credit card companies' marketeers have got y'all right where they want you - I would say by the short and curlies - but they've got you by the checking account which is way worse.
here is the dollar value of UR points that i have redeemed in the last 12 months. ill take my $21k and you ignore the "nonsense."

Old 06-18-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
here is the dollar value of UR points that i have redeemed in the last 12 months. ill take my $21k and you ignore the "nonsense."
Yep me too ….

Many of these same anti credit card people tend to clip coupons and reuse tea bags , yet they. Ignore the low hanging fruit

Old 06-18-2021, 11:10 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I’ve only redeemed 8k in the last year but to me it’s not insignificant. This to me falls into a category of folks not understanding the situation, speaking in poor generalities and making ill informed assumptions at that’s really the story

Old 06-18-2021, 12:03 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Yep me too ….

Many of these same anti credit card people tend to clip coupons and reuse tea bags , yet they. Ignore the low hanging fruit
I actually see the credit card rewards game as next gen couponing. Managed to stack AmEx offers on a recent computer purchase that generated a $120 statement credit, more than 5,000 Member Rewards points by going through the Rakuten portal (Rakuten lets you get rebates in MR points which can be a way better value than cash back if you redeem them for travel) and another bonus 2500 +Delta Skymiles.

But it if think you’re doing better by getting $0.50 off a tube of toothpaste, then bless your heart.

Old 06-18-2021, 12:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 472,165 times
Since the Ritz Carlton JPMorgan Card scrapped the companion flight discounts, the Chase Sapphire Reserve has become my most valuable card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance