Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:23 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,746 times

Advertisements

i ask this coz i have no plan to pay the $30 RIDICULOUS outstanding bill allstate car insurance company told me i owed them when i cancelled my policy. i ask them why in the world do i have that freaking balance when i have an auto deduct pay set up payment... here is the thing:

my last payment was may 14.. i went to their office june 9.. infrom that i will cancel my payment on NEXT pay date-june 14...

after the cancellation i went to state farm insurance and have my policy take effect that same day june 9....

i was telling allstate my pay lasT may 14 covers me thru june 14... and as of june 9 i am covered by state farm...

this is ridiculous... i call my state farm agent she told me they might be pro rating me... from june 8 to june 9

WTF!!!!

i swear ALL INSURANCE OF ALL TYPES ARE A FREAKING SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as it is i already paid $2000+ for nothing the whole time i was with allstate with NO CLAIMS.. paid on time

and now a freaking $30 they can not just let it go?!!

i hate ALL INSURANCE OF ALL TYPES!! THEY ARE A FREAKING SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 03:37 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
If you don't pay it they will change the end date of the policy to a different date. In my state we have to have continuous coverage regardless of who provides it. You might want to pay the $30 before it grows into a bigger problem.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 PM

how can they do that.. i have the copy that proves that i cancelled my policy on june 14.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Why don't you call ALLSTATE..............and ask them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
i ask this coz i have no plan to pay the $30 RIDICULOUS outstanding bill allstate car insurance company told me i owed them when i cancelled my policy. i ask them why in the world do i have that freaking balance when i have an auto deduct pay set up payment... here is the thing:

my last payment was may 14.. i went to their office june 9.. infrom that i will cancel my payment on NEXT pay date-june 14...

after the cancellation i went to state farm insurance and have my policy take effect that same day june 9....

i was telling allstate my pay lasT may 14 covers me thru june 14... and as of june 9 i am covered by state farm...

this is ridiculous... i call my state farm agent she told me they might be pro rating me... from june 8 to june 9

WTF!!!!

i swear ALL INSURANCE OF ALL TYPES ARE A FREAKING SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as it is i already paid $2000+ for nothing the whole time i was with allstate with NO CLAIMS.. paid on time

and now a freaking $30 they can not just let it go?!!

i hate ALL INSURANCE OF ALL TYPES!! THEY ARE A FREAKING SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
how can they do that.. i have the copy that proves that i cancelled my policy on june 14.
If your State Farm policy is effective on 6/9 why did you not cancel Allstate until 6/14? You don't need double coverage; why would you even consider paying for double coverage? You will need to call Allstate to straighten this out.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:55 PM

i did.. 3 times. okay. didnt u read my 1st post.. i told them to make the cancellation on next pay date - june 14... the pro rating reason is their excuse... i always talk to the receptionist and been told 3x their manager will call me. no calls. i even call 1800 allstate.. hoping they will just delete that freaking outstanding bill but no! again i was told someone (their supervisor) will call me. no calls again! so you see... allstate is the biggest scammer good for nothing company...

actually ALL insurance company... they have no problem with people paying on time.... but once you make your claim.. they will make you wait forever for the processing.

i will try again calling their 800 number... the indian guy there told me they will forward it to collection agency or ruin my credit if i dont pay it... coz i said what if i dont pay your freaking ridiculous outstanding bill.

i just wanna know opinions from people who talk the talk of insurance scammers!

actually they requested that i fax my new policy from stateFARM... so the original outstanding bill was $50.... since they saw that my coverage was effective june 9... it was down now to $30...

their reason.... pro rating me... from june 8 to june 9...

so... the $50 was pro rating me... from june 10 to june 14

i told them i honestly dont understand your freaking calculations... how they even come up with that ... BS is beyond me..

SCAMMERS!

i dont even know what pro rate means

they said the calculation is total amount of my premium divided by 364 days of the year... ? i dunno they said it is how the accountants calculate it... i dont understand.. i have no problems paying bills.. as long as i understand WTF is it im paying for. and it already terminated.. so for me it is a done deal.. but NOT to the scammers of course

my understanding is: monthly payment covers you for the whole month... until next pay date....every 14th of the month. as it is.. i have the coverage from other co. on the 9th ... so for me they are the ones that have to credit me from june 9-june 14... isn't it?!!

i swear!

Last edited by LBSer; 07-01-2008 at 05:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 PM

188 posts, read 548,669 times
The period from the 14th of one month to the 14 of another month is only your pay deduct schedule, not your coverage schedule. They are pro-rating you. I say you bite the bullet and pay the 30, if not it will only get worse.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:43 PM

We buy auto insurance in 6 month terms. If you cancel the day the 6 month term ends you won't owe extra but if you cancel it short your premium is pro-rated and may cause a difference in the monthly amount due. I don't think they are doing anything funny in the calculation. If the person you speak with can't explain it so that you understand, ask for a supervisor.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 AM

see how unfair the system is? ohh so you have the money to pay the whole 6 month premium, NO FEES and they wont give u BS if you cancelled before your next 6 month pay date... on the UNFAIR other hand..

you dont have the money to pay the whole 6 month premium, so you opted for monthly pay WITH FEES and they give u BS if you cancelled before your next month pay date...

the fact that THEY ALREADY KNOW you can not pay full so THEY ADD another UNNECESSARY fees for what???? and that's how the payment system is in ALL payment setup i do believe.

i dont understand...

Last edited by LBSer; 07-02-2008 at 03:14 AM..

Old 07-02-2008, 06:17 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
If you don't pay, it will be on your credit report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance