Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 03:06 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
How long ago was this if you don't mind me asking?
Well, let's see. He started when he was 20. Now he's 34. Can you do the math?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
I worked hard all my life and have 5 kids. I have all of 80$ in the bank so all you millionaires can just ****. I made your money so can it.
5 kids???? I would find out what is causing that.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
5 kids???? I would find out what is causing that.
Yeah, we have 6 and folks are always asking if we know how that happens

Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
I would never mean to imply that a family should not have a dozen children.

We gave birth to one, we adopted one and we have fostered many others. We would have adopted more children, had things ran better dealing with DCF.

IMHO, raising children is our duty before God.

I do believe that a family can have a dozen children and yet can still strive for affluence.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times
unless your poor and need workers for the fields, there is no reason to have that many children. and if you have 5 children you can't complain about having no money. they didn't all just show up.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:56 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well, let's see. He started when he was 20. Now he's 34. Can you do the math?
Didn't see that part. But I am glad that we have you here with your impressive mathematical abilites.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:58 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I would never mean to imply that a family should not have a dozen children.

We gave birth to one, we adopted one and we have fostered many others. We would have adopted more children, had things ran better dealing with DCF.

IMHO, raising children is our duty before God.

I do believe that a family can have a dozen children and yet can still strive for affluence.

Sure, you can strive for affluence-if you put your kids to work at age 5!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:06 PM

50 posts, read 140,066 times
I got started in the field of metal fabrication largely because my father had been in said field since he was in his early twenties. I worked for him in the shop from when I was 14 to 18. I learned how he ran things, and how he built up a customer base. So when I started my business, I already pretty-much knew what I was doing. So I took two loans out from two banks one loan and my father, and bought a building and the necessary equipment. Also, with my father being newly retired lots of his customers knew who i was, and gave me as much business as I could handle. So I did have a little help getting started, but it was still by no means "easy" to do. My first big job was making the piece of metal inside of a bathroom stall door, that holds the spring loaded rods that hold the door on.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:22 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
unless your poor and need workers for the fields, there is no reason to have that many children. and if you have 5 children you can't complain about having no money. they didn't all just show up.
Agreed! It is a matter of choice.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:22 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
Pardon??? "there is no reason to have that many children" ????
I am so glad we have someone like you around to tell us all how it should be done.

I was not complaining. Actually, I am very happy. Oh, and by the way, my husband and I do not need workers for the field. We actually fit the criteria for this post, several times over. On our own, WITH 6 children.

There is no need to project YOUR feelings onto others and their lifestyle choices. I certainly hope you are able to keep afloat in real estate with your lack of personal skills and polish. Good luck...you may need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance