Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:06 PM

427 posts, read 1,223,799 times

Advertisements

My bank is investigating it now and the customer service people were extra nice and helpful. As of now my account dosen't have the $100 in it so i'll see what happens. I reported it to the police too, and i found out that i wasn't the first person to ever suspect theft from this location. There were other reports just within this past month too. Everyone keeps telling me to check the receipt and i usually do except i didn't get one because the teller told me the printer was out and it was like 5 minutes before they closed. She even verbally verified what i wanted to do. It wasn't until i got home and checked online that i noticed the missing money. All i have is the copy of the slip i filled out. If the teller didn't try and steal the $100 then that person dosen't need to be working at a bank, because my slip clearly said $500 deposit several times and she verbally told me the transaction and there was $500 there. If she can't count she dosen't need to be working in a bank, if she can't input numbers then she dosen't need to be working in a bank, if she is a thief she dosnen't need to be working in a bank. Either way it wasn't my fault and the person dosen't need to be working in a bank. What if i was having surgery and this was my doctor who was off by 10cm and i died? What if this person was one of my secret service agents and i was the president and they arrived at a location 10 minutes late and someone shot me? I realize people make mistakes but when she counted the drawer 2 minutes later at the end of the day she should have realized and called me on one of my contanct numbers listed with the bank or just fixed it then. It's messed up that you always have to assume nowadays that someone is going to screw something up either on purpose or because they are complacent. I still stand behind that it was blatent theft on the tellers part trying to make a quick extra $100 off of me at the end of the day. Thanks for all of the replies even the one's ripping on me for calling the teller a thief, i got a good laugh out of a couple and the informative one's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 PM

Based on some of the replies, mostly later on in the thread, i'm guessing that most of you have never had your car stolen or vandilized, house robbed, been shot at, been rapped or assaulted, witnessed a burglary etc. etc. There are criminals in the world and theft is one of the easier crimes to commit. I don't live in la la land where everyone leaves their house and car unlocked, everyone knows the police by first names because they are so great at keeping the criminals at bay and the worst thing that happens is someone says damnit occassionally.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,297 times
JCX I've read this entire thread and don't think it was anyone personally "ripping" on you.
Initially it appears you made a deposit, walked away, didn't check the receipt and jumped to the conclusion that the teller was a thief.
If you re-read your first post you will note that at no time did you mention the receipt problem and the fact you only have your handwritten receipt, nothing machine stamped from the bank.
Only in this recent post is it noted "i didn't get one because the teller told me the printer was out and it was like 5 minutes before they closed. She even verbally verified what i wanted to do."
This does put a different spin on how things occured.
I hope things work out for you and this matter is cleared up.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:26 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
My bank is investigating it now and the customer service people were extra nice and helpful. As of now my account dosen't have the $100 in it so i'll see what happens. I reported it to the police too, and i found out that i wasn't the first person to ever suspect theft from this location. There were other reports just within this past month too. Everyone keeps telling me to check the receipt and i usually do except i didn't get one because the teller told me the printer was out and it was like 5 minutes before they closed. She even verbally verified what i wanted to do. It wasn't until i got home and checked online that i noticed the missing money. All i have is the copy of the slip i filled out. If the teller didn't try and steal the $100 then that person dosen't need to be working at a bank, because my slip clearly said $500 deposit several times and she verbally told me the transaction and there was $500 there. If she can't count she dosen't need to be working in a bank, if she can't input numbers then she dosen't need to be working in a bank, if she is a thief she dosnen't need to be working in a bank. Either way it wasn't my fault and the person dosen't need to be working in a bank. What if i was having surgery and this was my doctor who was off by 10cm and i died? What if this person was one of my secret service agents and i was the president and they arrived at a location 10 minutes late and someone shot me? I realize people make mistakes but when she counted the drawer 2 minutes later at the end of the day she should have realized and called me on one of my contanct numbers listed with the bank or just fixed it then. It's messed up that you always have to assume nowadays that someone is going to screw something up either on purpose or because they are complacent. I still stand behind that it was blatent theft on the tellers part trying to make a quick extra $100 off of me at the end of the day. Thanks for all of the replies even the one's ripping on me for calling the teller a thief, i got a good laugh out of a couple and the informative one's.
Ever hear of a typo?????

Sheesh, paranoid are we? She isn't a doctor, she isn't secret service. She typed it wrong.

See a shrink, you really need one.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,360 times
Quote:
You're so paranoid I'm literally cracking up.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 AM

I'm actually perfectly calm, i'm calmer than all of you guys are, especially the one's that appear to have nothing better to do then be on the internet all day based on some of you repeatedly responding at various time of the day on an issue thats dead at this point because i already took care of business it's out of my hands now. I guess some of you just sit on here all day long and look for any thread with a fresh reply and then go in there after the questions have already been answered and bs or troll up the thread by making personal attcks on things. Go ahead and hide behind your computer screens those of you that do this because if this was face to face you wouldn't do the same thing i guarantee that.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:33 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,563 times
Quote:
I'm actually perfectly calm, i'm calmer than all of you guys are, especially the one's that appear to have nothing better to do then be on the internet all day based on some of you repeatedly responding at various time of the day on an issue thats dead at this point because i already took care of business it's out of my hands now. I guess some of you just sit on here all day long and look for any thread with a fresh reply and then go in there after the questions have already been answered and bs or troll up the thread by making personal attcks on things. Go ahead and hide behind your computer screens those of you that do this because if this was face to face you wouldn't do the same thing i guarantee that.

I heard about this on CNN today. President Obama is sending a special task force to handle this along with Attorney General Holder to make sure its delt with swiftly. No worries it's all good.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:45 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,360 times
Quote:
Anger problem, much?

Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I heard about this on CNN today. President Obama is sending a special task force to handle this along with [b]Attorney General Holde[/B]r to make sure its delt with swiftly. No worries it's all good.
Poor guy will never see his money again now!

Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Today earlier this afternoon, i went to a branch of my bank and made a $500 cash deposit. I didn't realize until just now that my account only shows that i made a $400 deposit. I know for a fact that i made a $500 deposit. I double counted the money and marked $500 on the deposit slip. My bank never places a hold on cash deposits and my account was in good standing so there's no funny business there. I think that the teller stole $100 from me and didn't think i would realize. I think she slipped $100 in her pocket and only credited my account for $400. If she thought that i wouldn't notice she was somewhat right because i didn't notice until now, a few hours later. My bank is closed now so i have to wait until tomorrow to call them but what i want to know is has a similar situation ever happened to anyone before? And if so how was it resolved? I still have my copy of the deposit slip that i marked as $500 deposit. What i'm going to do is call the bank first thing tomorrow and tell them what happened and i'm also going to find out the name of this teller and file a police report in the city the bank is located in. Right moves on my part?
You title the thread "bank teller error" then you work yourself up to the point of calling the cops, filing police reports. Good grief, tellers are honest hard working people. Did you note the "people" part? People make mistakes, including you.

Take a chill pill, and ask to talk to the head teller or a manager when you can again be reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance