Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:18 PM

658 posts, read 847,975 times

Advertisements

I think my baby is just so amazing...although I know other dogs do the same thing with their owners, lol!
Cute: My baby has started following me around the house no matter where I go. If I am stationary, she's stationary. If I go to the bathroom and close the door, she's right outside the door waiting. If I dance in a separate room, she will stay in another room and watch me from across the hall. I think it's so cute.

Annoying: When I let her outside to potty, she will come to this door to let me know she's ready to come back inside; however, when I open the door, she barks and runs off. She does this about 4 times, then she comes back in. Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 06:43 AM

521 posts, read 733,569 times
Well this is one thing that is cute at times and annoying at others. One of our shepherds is very vocal almost like a husky but louder. He just howls and makes all this weird noise whenever he gets excited. I think it's so cute...until the neighbors start complaining. He's already 9 years old and we had someone at the house who said "Oh yeah I remember the puppy years." But he's far from a puppy. Anyway I love his enthusiasm but hate irritating the neighbors!

Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Rocky
Cute: when he's chewing his rope while laying on his back
Annoying: too many things :P but I guess the most annoying thing is when he barks like someone is at the door and they're not. He can be very shrill too.

Lily
Cute: is it bad that I wanna say almost everything? I guess the cutest thing about her is when she's dreaming. It's adorably funny when she's making those little yippy noises
Annoying: when I wake up to a mess in the hallway

Old 08-07-2014, 01:58 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Cuteness overload that will make you go aaawwwwww! My cat and yorkie mix are close in size. Charlie, the dog allows the cat lick his fur. I have to wonder maybe the cat thinks the dog is a cat with an over-sized face and paws.

Annoying would be the dog wanting outside then to want to be let back in 30 seconds later

Old 10-03-2015, 01:51 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Cute, when I am preparing my Papillon's dinner he gently places one paw on my foot. Nearly every time. I also love when he drops his little ball at my feet, hoping that I will throw it for him.

Annoying, he also does the dog thing of going to the door to be let in, only to turn around when I open it for him.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:34 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeraKera View Post
I think my baby is just so amazing...although I know other dogs do the same thing with their owners, lol!
Cute: My baby has started following me around the house no matter where I go. If I am stationary, she's stationary. If I go to the bathroom and close the door, she's right outside the door waiting. If I dance in a separate room, she will stay in another room and watch me from across the hall. I think it's so cute.

Annoying: When I let her outside to potty, she will come to this door to let me know she's ready to come back inside; however, when I open the door, she barks and runs off. She does this about 4 times, then she comes back in. Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Cute, when I am preparing my Papillon's dinner he gently places one paw on my foot. Nearly every time. I also love when he drops his little ball at my feet, hoping that I will throw it for him.

Annoying, he also does the dog thing of going to the door to be let in, only to turn around when I open it for him.
Maybe they want you to come out and play?

Old 10-04-2015, 05:48 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Maybe they want you to come out and play?
That's exactly what I was going to say. My dog does this too; when Izzy wants in he will bark and when I open the door, he enters the house freely, but whenever he barks and then backs up or refuses to come in when I open the door for him, he's definitely telling me that he wants to stay outside, but he wants me to come play ball with him. And Izzy also has subtle intonations to his bark, and his "I want to come in now" bark is slightly different than his "Come play with me!" woof; I can tell just by hearing him whether he actually wants in the house, or whether he's just asking me to go and join him outdoors. Dogs talk to us in their own way, after all.

My dog Izzy has this funny game that he came up with a few years ago, and I now call it "tub ball" (even though it often involves stuffed toys, it began with one of his balls). When I'm getting ready for work in the morning Izzy always runs and gets a toy and tosses it at my feet while I'm in the bathroom. If I don't respond to it, he'll run and get another one. And another one. Sometimes though, if he tires of this he will take one of his toys and drop it in the bathtub, then he looks at me and begins a 'woof...woof...woof' plea, telling me that "Oh no, look what happened to bunny/sheep/ball/rooster!! Help help! I need you to get him out!!" He will stretch out his neck, attempting to reach the toy but...it's always just out of reach...
One day I watched him through the mirror's reflection as he did this, and I continued to ignore his barks for help to rescue his latest toy. And what did the little rotter do? First he went into his helpless routine: bark, reach - can't get it, bark, reach - can't get it, repeatedly pleading to me that he needed help on this daring tub rescue. But when he realized (thought) that I wasnt watching him, het reached into the tub and pulled the toy close to the edge, ready to remove it himself. Yet as soon as I turned around and Izzy noticed that I could see him, he pushed the toy away again, then once again pleaded that "OH NO!! I can't get it...HELP!!!!"

Yeah, that's my boy. A weirdo border collie who thinks he can pull the wool over my eyes.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:04 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
^^Too funny.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:49 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,277,908 times
Super cute:
Aiko, my cat, would crawl up next to me every night. He purrs for hours until he falls asleep.
Pebbles, my older dog, would hide between my legs when she is scared. It's awkward to see a 80 lb dog hiding between two skinny legs.
Mushu, our recent addition, likes to give kisses and is the most docile 1-year old I ever had

Super annoying:
Aiko coughs up hairballs on the carpet, not the tile floor where it's easier to clean.
Pebbles decides she wants to poop AFTER we went for a walk.
Mushu eats anything, including tennis balls, hair, cat poop and her own vomit if we can't get to it first.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Electra: Cute-she steals my pillow. Annoying-she steals my pillow.

Elvira: Cute-she looks at me with love in her eyes. She climbs on my lap & gives me hugs and kisses. Annoying-she using the rug to sharpen her claws when she has a few scratching pads & a scratching post. And she beats up on the other two (not bad, just to say "I'm the boss, Applesauce!" )

Josette: Cute-she tries to nurse from my side when we are in bed. She carries crocheted balls that my mother made all around the house-including on the bed. When I'm in the bathroom, she RUNS in like she hasn't seen me in years. Annoying-she runs when I try to pick her up (except if I am in bed or in the bathroom). And she uses a small pan that we have outside the litter box so they don't track litter everywhere, instead of the litter box.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets