Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:46 PM

67 posts, read 148,055 times

Advertisements

STOLE YOUR DOG TODAY
Copyright Jim Willis 2002

I stole your dog today. No, I didn't set a foot on your property, but from the condition of your dog, I can imagine what it looks like...the word "junkyard" comes to mind.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/library...-stole-dog.htm

MODERATOR: Sorry, but according to the Terms of Service, you can only post a snippet of a copyrighted article and then the link...copyright issues are kind of a headache!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-30-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 10:17 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Hey that was beautiful!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:49 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,578 times
Wow, thank you brandosgirl, for posting this!...these are the exact sentiments I have for the former "owners" of my dog, whom I "stole"...

"No, it's clear she does not miss you or her former life of neglect on a chain."

"She was possibly the most trusting, loyal and loving being in your life, and you consigned her to a life of filth and loneliness until she made the best choice she's ever made when she broke free."

"...while I still wrestle with the part of me that hopes that one day you will burn in Hell."

Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 AM

67 posts, read 148,055 times
Im so glad you guys enjoyed that!!!! I have some more beautiful ones that people have sent me but i dont know how to post them without the whole copyright thing. If i had a link i could do it but like i said they were just sent to me in emails. And i really want to say thank you to the mods for posting the link instead of just taking down the post!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:47 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Brandosgirl...

Quickie on links:

Get whatever it is you want to post and do like a google search on a phrase. In this case, use "Stole your dog today". If you are googling, one of the first things that will show on your page is the poem on vetmedicine.com Click that, and when the poem comes up, go up to your address bar, right click, and copy. Then come to this site and write your note and wherever you want your link, right click and paste. You can have two windows open when you do this, one with City Data on it and one with the google search. It helps keep me from getting too confused.

Here's the Frequently Asked Questions link...it's under About the Forum on the main page and has lots of good info. If you get lost, you can always post a note there and someone will guide you out of the maze!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Hope this helps someone...and please feel free to DM me if you need to and I will surely try to help, or point you in the direction of someone who can.

Happy New Year to you all!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Default In reference to chained dogs

In Blair county, a woman who works tirelessly for chained dogs was convicted of stealing a neighbor's dog who was dying but remained chained outside. Here's a link from her website, Dogs Deserve Better:

Dogs Deserve Better Doogie: No Chained Dogs

For those faint of heart, you may not want to see.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Talking Steal This Dog!

2 of my 3 were "stolen" in the same manner .

I like to say that my husband and myself are "recyclers" - we find lots of cool stuff on the street, even free dogs .

(Don't worry, I can assure you these dogs were dumped on the street. Considering the condition these dogs were in when we found them, I would have loved nothing more than to find their owners and have a little talk with them )

Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,160 times
that's a pretty poem.
We do not pick up animals off the street, because of a bad experience. The last kitten I picked up off the street ended up being a domestic/wild mix and was a real trip BUT all of our pets come from the pound, spca or rescues. Bailey, my beloved kitty I put down yesterday was from the spca, Cody was from the pound. We talked about going through a breeder ONCE and it just didn't make sense to when so many dogs where waiting for us.
There is a Collie down the street that as lived outside all of it's life, is lonely and only gets food and water because the neighbors threatened the owners. I told one of the neighbors that if they if those people don't want their dog I will take it.
I took in a Cody w/ issues I can handle a collie. I have a soft spot for collie ...they are my first love in the dog world. I check on her on our walks.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,909 times
That was a great poem, but it was hard to read towards the end since I was crying by them. Damn PMS!!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 PM

96 posts, read 356,757 times
Damn, I was crying my eyes out. This is exactly what happend to me and my little Minnie (who now waits at the bridge for me). The only difference was she lived two doors down and they tied her up outside without food or water. She escaped once and he came that evening for her. The next day she was tied up again and I cried when I saw her she was so sweet and little. I said when I get home this evening I am going to call and report these people. When I got home she had chewed her rope in two and escaped to my house. I grabbed her and brought her inside, fed her (food wouldn't even stay down), and took her to the vet. Got all her shots the next day and schduled to have her spayed. I vowed if he tried to get her from me I would fight him tooth and nail but he never tired to come after her and she was mine forever. It took about six months working with her every day before she would sit in my lap but I never gave up. She turned out to be the best loving dog I ever had(well one of them). I also had a part lab and german sherpard, who took little minnie in and loved her like her own. I miss them both so much, and can't wait to see them again. Gosh I sure have rambled on...just made me think of my little girls again.

Last edited by luvmyanimals; 01-18-2008 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets