Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:18 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times

Advertisements

Coming home to an empty house reminds me of walking into a sterile hotel room. No dogs to jump on the bed, eating in a restaurant makes me wish there was a dog or two around to share my meal.

Sitting on the sofa, surrounded by shedding, slobbering dogs who are are overjoyed that mom's home from her trip is the best feeling. Wouldn't trade that for anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:29 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Coming home to an empty house reminds me of walking into a sterile hotel room. No dogs to jump on the bed, eating in a restaurant makes me wish there was a dog or two around to share my meal.

Sitting on the sofa, surrounded by shedding, slobbering dogs who are are overjoyed that mom's home from her trip is the best feeling. Wouldn't trade that for anything!
Yes, I agree!

When I pull into my driveway, I often see one of my cats peering out the window, waiting for me. By the time the car is in the garage and I am walking in my door, she's already at the door, meowing a greeting. My dog is always thrilled to see me. It's always nice to have a cat or 2 curled up on me in winter, too. Every morning, I have "conversations" with my cats (and yes, they do answer!). They are so adorable and sweet. They are worth EVERY SINGLE fur piece!

(As an added bonus, every time any piece of food is dropped, I have immediate clean up via my dog. He even eats broccoli and cauliflower pieces!).

Old 11-05-2016, 07:31 AM

983 posts, read 995,605 times
My thinking, if someone looks at a dog or cat and only thinks about shedding, that's not a real pet owner.
If someone looks at a dog or cat as a loving, devoted, companion who steals your heart with their gaze, that's a pet owner.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:27 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Yes, I agree!

When I pull into my driveway, I often see one of my cats peering out the window, waiting for me. By the time the car is in the garage and I am walking in my door, she's already at the door, meowing a greeting. My dog is always thrilled to see me. It's always nice to have a cat or 2 curled up on me in winter, too. Every morning, I have "conversations" with my cats (and yes, they do answer!). They are so adorable and sweet. They are worth EVERY SINGLE fur piece!

(As an added bonus, every time any piece of food is dropped, I have immediate clean up via my dog. He even eats broccoli and cauliflower pieces!).
Exactly! I can't imagine how someone would prefer an empty house over excited fur kids. And fur can always be swept or vacuumed up. It's such a small price to pay for that unconditional love. And who would chose a chair or sofa over a cat or dog?

Yep, my Bouvier loves veggies and salad too!

Old 12-30-2016, 07:29 PM

981 posts, read 900,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Absolutely correct. I won't ever have one for those reasons, and more.

I dont understand why you are on a pet forum? Is it to remind yourself how great your life is with all your freedom and cleanliness while the rest of us are just dirty slobs, never able to leave our homes, just sitting in our filth?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 PM

236 posts, read 259,277 times
It's simple: I've loved all my dogs much more than I dislike their shedding/dog hair all over. I just vacuum a few minutes every day or two and the fur is gone, it's really not a big deal.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:38 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,249 times
I know this thread is old and done, but what exactly would we do with all the breeds (which are many) that shed if nobody wanted them? Just put them all down? Thankfully, animals lovers don't mind a little fur with their decor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets