Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 06:35 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

Lisa, I just saw this thread. He is so sweet. Are you planning on making cheese, or soap? Are you planning to get any other animals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 10:00 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
For some reason, he looks like a Freddie to me.

I absolutely adore goats. So much personality and boundless energy wrapped up in their little frames! When I was a teen I used to go to a local campground with my friend a couple of times a year to ride their horses. One time I took a bag with me that had all sorts of things in it (grooming brush, saddle soap, curry comb, etc., as they never took care of their horses, so I just wanted to pamper them a bit). Went out for a ride that day, came back and went to get my bag...and discovered that the contents were strewn absolutely everywhere. The goats found it and had a party...oh, and the saddle soap...the only thing left was one tiny corner of a bar, with tooth marks in it. The goats thought it was a treat, and chowed down.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:48 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
For some crazy reason, Buckwheat just popped into my mind the second I saw him. What a cutie! Billy is a great name, especially if he goes by the last name of Goat instead of your last name.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:20 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Kicker!
I should have named Cocoa that. She is a wild one, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I had a dwarf Nubian male a long time ago. I named him "Wilbur".
Aww..cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Funny, Oscar was the first name that came to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I like Louie, name just popped into my head when I saw the picture. Some people don't like to use people names but I like to use them if they are no longer used, Otis, Fanny, Blanche, Artimus.
I just like names that are easy to call, lol. We actually got Billie a little girl who is just like him. They walk of together all the time and sleep in the same Igloo. I told my DH we should have named them Mike and Lisa...Jrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Lisa, I just saw this thread. He is so sweet. Are you planning on making cheese, or soap? Are you planning to get any other animals?
We are trying to have a herd of mini goats and we want to sell the babies as pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
For some reason, he looks like a Freddie to me.

I absolutely adore goats. So much personality and boundless energy wrapped up in their little frames! When I was a teen I used to go to a local campground with my friend a couple of times a year to ride their horses. One time I took a bag with me that had all sorts of things in it (grooming brush, saddle soap, curry comb, etc., as they never took care of their horses, so I just wanted to pamper them a bit). Went out for a ride that day, came back and went to get my bag...and discovered that the contents were strewn absolutely everywhere. The goats found it and had a party...oh, and the saddle soap...the only thing left was one tiny corner of a bar, with tooth marks in it. The goats thought it was a treat, and chowed down.
Ha, ha...yes they are mischievous but so fun to watch.

Thank you all. So far we have Billy, then we picked up 3 more. A mother, Mama, and her baby Cocoa(crazy Cocoa as she loves jumping all over things and flipping in the air), Angel is Billy's match Last week we added two sisters Oreo and Shadow. Tomorrow we may pick up two more babies. Billy is going to be a busy boy, lol.

On that note...Billy is soooo calm and mellow that I think we should have named him Bob Marley

Some pics of my babies
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...rm-babies.html

Old 05-16-2018, 04:24 PM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
that last one of the baby sleeping is so cute. You should put that on jigidi.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:32 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
that last one of the baby sleeping is so cute. You should put that on jigidi.

Ha, ha...all the babies love laying in the bowls. It must be a comfort thing, lol. This morning Billy was laying in one while Angel was still eating out of it, lol.

Hmm...never heard of jigidi. I'll have to see how it works.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
kinfolk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets