Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:48 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,652,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX357 View Post
Its a shame you waisted so much time on me.
Best point on this thread.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 AM

177 posts, read 357,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Best point on this thread.
Except I didn't waste it on him.

This is probably the most widely read site for this type of information on the entire web. Misinformation needs to be refuted every time it is encountered.

Besides, spending five minutes tops to write a post isn't wasting all that much time.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
Because Philadelphians are the only ones on the planet who defend where they live when it's being bashed ...
Yes they defend it blindly,even when it sux. Got to get balanced.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Yes they defend it blindly,even when it sux. Got to get balanced.
That's only your opinion, there's no truth to that. If somebody loves living in South Philly, who has a right to tell them it "sux?" Being happy always trumps being miserable ...

Most Philadelphians call it how they see it. Actually, they're probably a little too hard/negative on their city.

When a person hates where they live, they're the ones who usually aren't "balanced."

Last edited by Larry Bowa; 08-15-2013 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-15-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
That's only your opinion, there's no truth to that. If somebody loves living in South Philly, who has a right to tell them it "sux?"

Most Philadelphians call it how they see it.

When a person hates where they live, they're the ones who usually aren't "balanced."
When the place has a black cloud over it and people don't see it that's pretty screwed up in itself. Most people from across the country will concur Philly is pretty whacked...but you actually have to step away from it to see it,which most entrenched people here don't. A traveled person is a balanced person

Old 08-15-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
When the place has a black cloud over it and people don't see it that's pretty screwed up in itself. Most people from across the country will concur Philly is pretty whacked...but you actually have to step away from it to see it,which most entrenched people here don't. A traveled person is a balanced person
A black cloud? As far as I'm concerned, it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Somebody who hates where they live (regardless of how much they've traveled), can not offer a fair and balanced opinion, it's skewed towards the negative.

Do you have proof that Philadelphians travel less than people in other cities? Traveling is overrated anyway ... staying somewhere for a week or two doesn't tell the whole story.
(I'd be an expert on a lot of places if it did).

Funny, most people I've talked to from other places, love Philadelphia.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
A black cloud? As far as I'm concerned, it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Somebody who hates where they live (regardless of how much they've traveled), can not offer a fair and balanced opinion, it's skewed towards the negative.

Do you have proof that Philadelphians travel less than people in other cities? Traveling is overrated anyway ... staying somewhere for a week or two doesn't tell the whole story.

Funny, most people I've talked to from other places, love Philadelphia.
Tell me what happy pills,or drinks you're ingesting...

When you've had mostly negative experiences in a place of course that's what it's going to sound like. And as I've looked around and observed my many years here I also see it around me,too bad they're too beat down to see it too.

Traveling is overrated? That's a hint of proof there,as was the report that Pennsylvanians are the least traveled and one of the most cultish states in the country. It's also pretty well known that most of the hood rats here desire to venture no further than outside their neighborhoods...and it's traveling that you become more cultured and knowledgeable. But then those things don't seem to be on most local's radars...but hey they sure love their partying

Old 08-15-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Tell me what happy pills,or drinks you're ingesting...

When you've had mostly negative experiences in a place of course that's what it's going to sound like. And as I've looked around and observed my many years here I also see it around me,too bad they're too beat down to see it too.

Traveling is overrated? That's a hint of proof there,as was the report that Pennsylvanians are the least traveled and one of the most cultish states in the country. It's also pretty well known that most of the hood rats here desire to venture no further than outside their neighborhoods...and it's traveling that you become more cultured and knowledgeable. But then those things don't seem to be on most local's radars...but hey they sure love their partying
Yes, hood rats don't leave their neighborhoods, but there's people (who don't leave their neighborhood/town/county) like that everywhere. Plus, you don't know what everybody around you does or where they go, you're judging and assuming.
And by traveling you become "cultured and knowledgable?" LOL! A week or two won't do it, plus it all depends on the person. You can read books about a place and become "cultured and knowledgable," also. I've met some well-traveled souls who are anything but "cultured."

Anyway, certain people dwell on the negatives (I'd bet it's only been a few and they ran with it), it's what makes them happy. It probably doesn't help if they're looking down their nose at their neighbors. People tend to pick up on that, especially in South Philly.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, hood rats don't leave their neighborhoods, but there's people like that everywhere. Plus, you don't know what everybody around you does or where they go, you're judging and assuming. Small towns, suburbs, rural, etc ... and by traveling you become "cultured and knowledgable?" LOL! A week or two won't do it, plus it all depends on the person. You can read books about a place and become "cultured and knowledgable," also. I've met some well-traveled souls who are anything but "cultured."

It probably doesn't help if they're looking down their nose at their neighbors. People tend to pick up on that, especially in South Philly.
Pretty much any normal human with any kind of perception skills can tell so much about people just by how they act...and I've tested mine and I can pretty much see em coming from a mile away and usually nail it.

So you're saying if a person travels the world,just experiencing things and not settling for more than say a week that they can't learn anything? Again that may be true for most of the closed minds around here but not in general...and I'm quite sure that you have met 'well-traveled' souls that are uncultured and I bet you probably met them here. Like I say you can take the person out of Philly but you can't take Philly out of the person;

And actually south Philly has more 'cultured' people now,because of the influx of outsiders.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Pretty much any normal human with any kind of perception skills can tell so much about people just by how they act...and I've tested mine and I can pretty much see em coming from a mile away and usually nail it.

So you're saying if a person travels the world,just experiencing things and not settling for more than say a week that they can't learn anything? Again that may be true for most of the closed minds around here but not in general...and I'm quite sure that you have met 'well-traveled' souls that are uncultured and I bet you probably met them here. Like I say you can take the person out of Philly but you can't take Philly out of the person;

And actually south Philly has more 'cultured' people now,because of the influx of outsiders.
That's so incorrect, it's scary.

Anyway, I hope the Philly-haters who live here have fun being miserable and angry ... some people hold themselves in such high regard, they'll just never get it.

I'm going to the Night Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia