Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM

640 posts, read 1,986,695 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Elkins Park House condos at 7900 Old York Rd in Elkins Park? It's supposed to have 24 hr security, pool, tennis courts, fitness center, etc.

It looks OK from the outside and it was quiet at night. The lobby was really nice looking from outside.
But I saw a website that promotes it (and other places as well) for students attending a college nearby. Does anyone know the makeup of residents there?
We're looking at a condo to rent there soon, and the price is really reasonable.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM

3 posts, read 12,011 times
many older folks live there. it's a nice building with some doctors' offices and other commercial stuff in the lobby....plenty of parking...nice area.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahphiladelphia View Post
many older folks live there. it's a nice building with some doctors' offices and other commercial stuff in the lobby....plenty of parking...nice area.
Thanks for the response Hannah.
It seems nice there. We can deal with the older crowd--we like our home to be in a quiet area (which we'll have with an older population, from what we could gather when we went ther). We can go out to the city and around Elkins Park for excitement!
Thanks again!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,044 times
Sorry Elkins Park but I'm not a fan. Admittedly I've only been through Elkins Park a handful of times but came away unimpressed.

Little too close to some transitional areas for my liking.

Have you looked around King of Prussia,Plymouth Meeting or West Chester? Its got incredible shopping, much newer apt complexes/amenities and just seems like it be a much more pleasant place to live. Thats just my opinion.

Good luck

Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 AM

8 posts, read 53,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane0218 View Post
We can go out to the city and around Elkins Park for excitement!
Thanks again!
For excitement, you'll need to go to Philly, not to Elkins Park.

I live a block or two from Elkins Park House. Unless your idea of excitement is Chinese take out or paint-your-own-pottery, you'll need to travel for excitement. The good news: the EPH is only a few blocks from the Septa line.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneralist View Post
For excitement, you'll need to go to Philly, not to Elkins Park.

I live a block or two from Elkins Park House. Unless your idea of excitement is Chinese take out or paint-your-own-pottery, you'll need to travel for excitement. The good news: the EPH is only a few blocks from the Septa line.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll find that out once I start exploring...

Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,586,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane0218 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll find that out once I start exploring...

You're not too far from Chestnut Hill. Explore there.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM

Question Septa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneralist View Post
For excitement, you'll need to go to Philly, not to Elkins Park... The good news: the EPH is only a few blocks from the Septa line.
Re: Sepata: someone told me to use the Jenkintown Septa. That didn't seem to make sense, since there's a station in Elkins Park.
Am I missing something here?
It's possible that the person who said to use the Jenkinstown station doesn't know much about the area, but I thought I'd ask on the forum.

Thanks.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 13,276 times
I think you get a better selection of trains at the Jenkintown train station. Many lines pass through there.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalou View Post
I think you get a better selection of trains at the Jenkintown train station. Many lines pass through there.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out when I move there.
But don't all the lines end up going to the same place?
Are there 'express' (non-stop) services on some lines that go straight into Center City without stops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia