Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 01:23 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
The possibility of Krasner doing exactly what he did came out after the results of the primary. A giant red flag that people seemed to ignore once the general election came around.
Once Krasner won the Democrat primary, it was inevitable that he would win the general election. Philly votes automatic-Democratic, whether anyone knows anything about the candidates.

General election:

Krasner: 74.7% (150,330) Democrat

Grossman: 25.27% (50,858) Republican

I bet ''The Internationale'' sounds great on the DA's Office muzak system.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:36 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Once Krasner won the Democrat primary, it was inevitable that he would win the general election. Philly votes automatic-Democratic, whether anyone knows anything about the candidates.

General election:

Krasner: 74.7% (150,330) Democrat

Grossman: 25.27% (50,858) Republican

I bet ''The Internationale'' sounds great on the DA's Office muzak system.
I'm native/lifer and, yes, I knew what the outcome would be in Nov. I'm a Democrat and didn't vote for him either time. I'm a political junkie so voting is never some automatic affair with me.

I know Lynn Abraham and everything that's happened in that office is beyond painful for her. The mess with Seth Williams was bad enough. But this is the ultimate stab in the back.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:49 PM

1,697 posts, read 972,844 times
We finally got our first homicide. Homicides still down 86% from this time last year.

Looks like it was a targeted thing - a guy shot multiple times in his car while he was waiting at a red light.

Crazy.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:59 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
I can’t lie, I didn’t vote for Krasner in the primary or the general. However, he won. So I sincerely hope he succeeds in whatever it is he tries to do. Not off to a good start though in my opinion. Multiple judges bashed him today because they had to postpone murder trials (including lifting the house arrest of a person on trial for vehicular homicide).

The local media also seems to not like him very much, so i expect every move he makes to be well documented and critiqued. We shall see.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I'm native/lifer and, yes, I knew what the outcome would be in Nov. I'm a Democrat and didn't vote for him either time. I'm a political junkie so voting is never some automatic affair with me.

I know Lynn Abraham and everything that's happened in that office is beyond painful for her. The mess with Seth Williams was bad enough. But this is the ultimate stab in the back.
You are an intelligent citizen-Democrat. Many don't vet the candidates and go strictly on party-line.

Poor Lynn Abraham is right.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:04 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,876,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
We finally got our first homicide. Homicides still down 86% from this time last year.

Looks like it was a targeted thing - a guy shot multiple times in his car while he was waiting at a red light.

Crazy.
The cold has had a hand in delaying BAU. Since nothing has changed, there's no doubt the murders will speed ahead.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post

Crazy.
Well, it looks like the winter thaw is officially here. Too cold for murders this past week or so. It's really sad when cold weather is the reason for a drop in homicides, and crime generally I'm sure.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,876,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Well, it looks like the winter thaw is officially here. Too cold for murders this past week or so. It's really sad when cold weather is the reason for a drop in homicides, and crime generally I'm sure.
We should get our dope of a mayor out there with a snow machine in Point Breeze and Kensington. Keep it frozen as long as possible.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I can’t lie, I didn’t vote for Krasner in the primary or the general. However, he won. So I sincerely hope he succeeds in whatever it is he tries to do. Not off to a good start though in my opinion. Multiple judges bashed him today because they had to postpone murder trials (including lifting the house arrest of a person on trial for vehicular homicide).

The local media also seems to not like him very much, so i expect every move he makes to be well documented and critiqued. We shall see.
Right, all we can do is hope for the best with Krasner. Like you stated, we shall see.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
We should get our dope of a mayor out there with a snow machine in Point Breeze and Kensington. Keep it frozen as long as possible.
LOL. This is best crime solution of all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia