Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 09:03 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
your sarcasm is noted. My point is that gay people, like others, are just as willing to start BS too by opening their mouths and saying the wrong thing. I could have lowered myself to their level and threw my soda at them but I didn't. Who is to say the gay couple that was assaulted did not open their mouths with something rude and obnoxious? It seems all the liberals and media automatically assume that it was the college kids that started it w/o any facts.
OMG! I see it now!! How could I have been so blind?

Clearly this is the gay couple's fault. I could see a nice group of around 15 or so clean-cut twenty-somethings out for a stroll one evening when they encounter a gay couple who chooses to get smart with them: "Hey you breeders!!" Not content with a mere verbal assault, the gay couple decide to b-slap one of the ladies. This quickly escalates tensions. Fortunately, the gay couple are given the beatings they deserve. Just for extra measure, the gay couple's personal belongings are taken from them. After being assaulted by these gays, the lady and gentlemen who administered the well-deserved lesson nevertheless receive enlightenment that not all gays are bad. Their hearts are so touched that when they get home, they quickly delete anti-gay comments they had previously made on their social media sites.

Despite an affidavit that claims more than one person witnessed the lady and gentlemen beating the stuffing out of their two assailants while "screaming" antigay epithets, I now believe the above scenario is the most logical explanation of what happened that night.

(BTW - I'm pretty sure the victims from Buck Co. were not college students but working adults. Ooops - one of the them used to be a working adult until her employer found out she was violating its ethical standards. But that's another story.)

Old 09-29-2014, 09:09 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post

Clearly this is the gay couple's fault. I could see a nice group of around 15 or so clean-cut twenty-somethings out for a stroll one evening when they encounter a gay couple who chooses to get smart with them: "Hey you breeders!!" Not content with a mere verbal assault, the gay couple decide to b-slap one of the ladies. This quickly escalates tensions. Fortunately, the gay couple are given the beatings they deserve. Just for extra measure, the gay couple's personal belongings are taken from them. After being assaulted by these gays, the lady and gentlemen who administered the well-deserved lesson nevertheless receive enlightenment that not all gays are bad. Their hearts are so touched that when they get home, they quickly delete anti-gay comments they had previously made on their social media sites.

Despite an affidavit that claims more than one person witnessed the lady and gentlemen beating the stuffing out of their two assailants while "screaming" antigay epithets, I now believe the above scenario is the most logical explanation of what happened that night.

(BTW - I'm pretty sure the victims from Buck Co. were not college students but working adults. Ooops - one of the them used to be a working adult until her employer found out she was violating its ethical standards. But that's another story.)
P to V, your attempts at being gallant and logical will just be lost on the trolls who have shown up on this thread. Nice try though.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:13 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,585 times
Quote:
Who is to say the gay couple that was assaulted did not open their mouths with something rude and obnoxious? It seems all the liberals and media automatically assume that it was the college kids that started it w/o any facts.
In this particular situation, it makes NO sense that two guys (unless they had a death wish) would initiate a fight with a group of 12-15 people, out of the blue.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 AM

111 posts, read 150,688 times
Quote:
your sarcasm is noted. My point is that gay people, like others, are just as willing to start BS too by opening their mouths and saying the wrong thing. I could have lowered myself to their level and threw my soda at them but I didn't. Who is to say the gay couple that was assaulted did not open their mouths with something rude and obnoxious? It seems all the liberals and media automatically assume that it was the college kids that started it w/o any facts.
How dare those gays open their mouths. Don't they know their place in society.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:40 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,939,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post

Of course no one wants to wait for the facts to come out in court, especially with an agenda to push. Let the facts be determined in court, not on the Huffington Post, Fox News or especially here.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:43 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,939,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don163 View Post
How dare those gays open their mouths. Don't they know their place in society.
Obviously Don163 you need to learn a lesson in being streetwise. If a large group of people, of any color, makes a comment and you are in the situation such as the one at hand, keep going, say nothing. Any response could set-off a fight.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:53 AM

111 posts, read 150,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Obviously Don163 you need to learn a lesson in being streetwise. If a large group of people, of any color, makes a comment and you are in the situation such as the one at hand, keep going, say nothing. Any response could set-off a fight.
I understand about being streetwise, but thank you for the advise. The point I was making was that none of us know what was said. The other writer implied the victims precipitated the encounter by "talking back."

Old 09-29-2014, 11:25 AM

814 posts, read 1,149,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
This is victim-blaming of the highest order.

Take a breather Kamms, you've been a train wreck in this thread.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:50 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,034 times
Quote:
So you're trying to say that if the gay couple said something rude then their horrific beating was warranted? You do realize that if someone says something rude to you, you can't just respond by breaking their jaw? Right? Please tell me you understand that.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:19 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
This is victim-blaming of the highest order.

Take a breather Kamms, you've been a train wreck in this thread.
Hardly victim-blaming and more like protecting your ass. The concept of victim blaming will be the last thing on your mind when you're getting your head smashed into the pavement. I'm pretty sure Kamms (although I didn't read the entire thread) is not saying the beating was warranted for doing such a thing (though doubtful it ever even happened), but regardless or whether or not he is the fact remains that it isn't a wise idea to agitate a violent mob. I'd rather lose face on a conceptual front than lose my actual face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia