Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,108 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be relocating to Philadelphia shortly for our jobs. He will be working in Bala Cynwyd off City Ave and I will be working in Center City. We are interested in living in a couple of places:
1. Near Chestnut and 2nd in Old City
2. Near Chestnut and 15th in Center City

I will be able to walk or take the train for either of the locations. However my husband will be driving to work. Does anyone know what we can expect for his commute time during morning and evening rush hour?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 02:37 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
No one has answered you yet, and there are likely folks who do this exact commute. I'm going to say it's probably about a half hour, maybe slightly more with parking, etc. That is probably about as good a commute as you'll get in the Philly area. (I suggest putting the addresses where you're living and the address of your husband's workplace into Waze at the times when he'll be leaving in the morning for a few days. That will give you exact, accurate info.)

(Waze is a traffic app available on your phone, in case you're not familiar with it.)

Old 02-18-2016, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,108 times
Thanks so much!

Old 02-18-2016, 09:12 AM

204 posts, read 389,103 times
The drive shouldn't be too bad. Although 76 is slow during rush hours, you do not need to be on it for very long between Center City and Bala Cynwyd. Other alternatives exist too, such as MLK/West River Drive. If your husband works close to the Bala SEPTA station, Regional Rail from Suburban Station is another option... although the Cynwyd line only runs at limited hours.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:44 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,930,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby121 View Post
My husband and I will be relocating to Philadelphia shortly for our jobs. He will be working in Bala Cynwyd off City Ave and I will be working in Center City. We are interested in living in a couple of places:
1. Near Chestnut and 2nd in Old City
2. Near Chestnut and 15th in Center City

I will be able to walk or take the train for either of the locations. However my husband will be driving to work. Does anyone know what we can expect for his commute time during morning and evening rush hour?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Use google map direction and set the time of travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: