Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 PM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I don't think it is at all necessary to nitpick between those 3 school district. They are all amazing districts with excellent academics, sports, extracurricular activities, etc. All that scandal nonsense at T/E that someone posted is nothing but nonsense, and should in no way deter you from looking at that district.
Not sure I'd call it "nonsense."

History has a funny way of repeating itself. I'm not saying that "Racial Profiling on the Main Line" is 1932 all over again, but it would lead me to conclude that there's more of a problem concerning racial attitudes in T-E than in the other two communities.

At the opposite end is the LMSD, whose home page I suggest all of you take a look at to see what I mean. It's the only one of the three districts that explicitly touts its diversity on the page that welcomes visitors, prospective students and prospective parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 03:57 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Not sure I'd call it "nonsense."

History has a funny way of repeating itself. I'm not saying that "Racial Profiling on the Main Line" is 1932 all over again, but it would lead me to conclude that there's more of a problem concerning racial attitudes in T-E than in the other two communities.

At the opposite end is the LMSD, whose home page I suggest all of you take a look at to see what I mean. It's the only one of the three districts that explicitly touts its diversity on the page that welcomes visitors, prospective students and prospective parents.
I would give LM the leg up in diversity and inclusion for sure, but these recent issues in T/E should not be any reason for hesitation for a family to move into that district. Every school district no matter how elite has an occasional issue/scandal, but when looking at the bottom line I think its silly to nitpick between those 3, unless you are looking for something very specific like a sports program, special needs program, etc.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:16 PM

377 posts, read 474,726 times
Quote:
I would give LM the leg up in diversity and inclusion for sure, but these recent issues in T/E should not be any reason for hesitation for a family to move into that district. Every school district no matter how elite has an occasional issue/scandal, but when looking at the bottom line I think its silly to nitpick between those 3, unless you are looking for something very specific like a sports program, special needs program, etc.
I agree with you, but nonsense was a poor word choice. It's far from nonsense to anyone who was or could be victims in those situations.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,554,265 times
The fact that you know Mr Bentley personally has nothing to do with the stucco issues. When we were viewing houses, we specifically excluded stucco houses. And new houses too. The best housing stocks are those that were built in the 80's and some in the 90's.

Knowing him just means you are biased. That's all we can infer. The stucco issue is an issue across the housing market.

Quote:

And also, I know Tom Bentley personally, and any issues that his homeowners have regarding stucco or eifs walls are minimal, no more or less than any other high-end developer on the Main Line.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM

60 posts, read 63,961 times
Personally, I think the stucco issue is mostly BS. Sure, some crappy builders built crappy homes with crappy stucco...But I don't think that's necessarily reflective of the product on the whole. I live in a stucco home built in 1996 by one of the better local builders around. Had a stucco inspection 4 years ago when we purchased the place, and there wasn't a drop of water found anywhere. Actually, we had two inspections by two different guys, and I got a definite feeling that there was something a bit shady about the whole thing.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,703 times
Default T/E , Radnor / LM school districts?

Hello, we are thinking of relocating to PA as well. And are researching about school districts, we have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I am looking for the same "ideal" school district as you were. Where did you end up moving?

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia