Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 04:43 PM

968 posts, read 1,142,233 times

Advertisements

I was supposed to meet a co-worker this morning shortly before 9:00 am since we get paid by the hour, as of the time we begin to travel. I live in Levittown, he lives in Upper Darby. I know two ways to get to his house that make sense, either shoot down 95 to exit 14, Island Ave, left on Woodland/Main St. Darby/Lansdowne Ave in Yeadon. Or get on the Turnpike (358), Blue Route south to exit 9 for West Chester Pike and then right on Lansdowne Ave. I used to do the former. Now I've been doing the latter since 95 through NE Philly is a parking lot from Andalusia all the way to Gerard/Vine CC. I left at 8:00 this morning and the Turnpike was at a standstill from Bensalem all the way to Ft. Washington. I didn't arrive at his place until 9:30. I know they have scheduled work on the Blue Route which was supposed to start today, but by the time I got to that point it was clear sailing. But from 351 to 339 the Turnpike was clogged during the 8:00 hour. What's a better way? Thought's anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 07:51 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,682,995 times
I don't think there are better ways besides leaving earlier. Everything else in-between is so many smaller streets that are typically at slower speeds.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 AM

691 posts, read 3,061,282 times
If you can get on the turnpike at Bensalem by 7am, you will miss most of the traffic. The backup on 95S starts much earlier.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:32 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
I was supposed to meet a co-worker this morning shortly before 9:00 am since we get paid by the hour, as of the time we begin to travel. I live in Levittown, he lives in Upper Darby. I know two ways to get to his house that make sense, either shoot down 95 to exit 14, Island Ave, left on Woodland/Main St. Darby/Lansdowne Ave in Yeadon. Or get on the Turnpike (358), Blue Route south to exit 9 for West Chester Pike and then right on Lansdowne Ave. I used to do the former. Now I've been doing the latter since 95 through NE Philly is a parking lot from Andalusia all the way to Gerard/Vine CC. I left at 8:00 this morning and the Turnpike was at a standstill from Bensalem all the way to Ft. Washington. I didn't arrive at his place until 9:30. I know they have scheduled work on the Blue Route which was supposed to start today, but by the time I got to that point it was clear sailing. But from 351 to 339 the Turnpike was clogged during the 8:00 hour. What's a better way? Thought's anyone?
My thoughts are that I would allow 90 minutes in rush hour for either route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia