Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:44 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times

Advertisements

Went there tonight to find out what all the hype was about and the high price didn't match the taste of the food. The bun was too small and the burger was just ok nothing special. The fries were really good but that's about it and can't see myself going back. Anyone not all that impressed with the burgers at Shake Shack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 07:49 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,094,681 times
I don't know I like them. I would order the higher-end burger chains as follows:

Shake Shack (excellent burger and fries)
Five Guys (excellent burger and fries but fries are very greasy)
Smashburger (good burger, fries weren't good IMO)
Jake's Wayback (good burger, fries terrible and not worth the calories)

I can't rank Elevation Burger. Only been there once, years ago. Burger and fries were very good.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 PM

52 posts, read 45,115 times
I tried Shake Shack once. The burger was mediocre and the shake was more like a frozen custard than a milkshake. I'll stick with Five Guys.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
I don't know I like them. I would order the higher-end burger chains as follows:

I can't rank Elevation Burger. Only been there once, years ago. Burger and fries were very good.

I think the price of the burger raised my expectations.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyguy19102 View Post
I tried Shake Shack once. The burger was mediocre and the shake was more like a frozen custard than a milkshake. I'll stick with Five Guys.
The milkshake was close to $5.00 so I didn't buy that at all. lol

Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,589,431 times
I don't like their burgers.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:35 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,554,265 times
Shake Shack is overrated, however, I think they are better than the competition. But that doesn't count much because it's like saying they are the tallest dwarf.

Five Guys know how to make burgers, if only they could use a better bun. I stopped going to Five Guys because their portions are obscene.

Smashburger is good, when you want some grease. Their smashfries come with a quart of oil.

Jakes are OK. I prefer their chips instead. Not sure if I've ever tried their fries because I prefer chips to fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post

Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 PM

14,180 posts, read 9,075,142 times
Add me to the chorus of underwhelmed Shake Shack patrons.

I haven't been to Five Guys in a while but would rate them highly, def above Shake Shack. I think of them as closer to fast-food burgers than to the upscale "fast casual" places, though, mainly for one reason: you can't specify the degree of doneness - they're all well done. But they are cooked to order. (Besides, the burger we at Phillymag gave the "best burger" nod to this year, the "Royale with Cheese" (quick, where's the name come from?) at Butcher Bar, is also served only one way: cooked well done. (It actually mimics the Big Mac more than it does the Quarter Pounder with Cheese.)

I've also had the fare at Bareburger and BurgerFi. I'd probably rate Bareburger's burger the best of this bunch. BurgerFi was good enough.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:25 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,458,232 times
Shake Shack is Ok ... Nifty Fifty's are better than any of them. Five Guys has really slipped ... The Quarter Pounder with cheese from McDonald's is better.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:40 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Went there tonight to find out what all the hype was about and the high price didn't match the taste of the food. The bun was too small and the burger was just ok nothing special. The fries were really good but that's about it and can't see myself going back. Anyone not all that impressed with the burgers at Shake Shack?
My corner bar( Kellyann's 16th and Spring Garden) has better burgers. I don't drink but I like lots of bar food. Cherry St Tavern!

John's, in the same block of Spring Garden, has better burgers.

This will start another discussion about chains vs local businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia