Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times

Advertisements

If New Construction is a priority then 100% stick to Media/Rose Valley areas. Beautiful town, very vibrant, host of tons of family amenities and you are right by 95 so it will make your commute very manageable also direct transit access to Center City is available and you are part of an excellent school district.

The lower mainline I would continue to consider; but as you said having a more modern interior can be a challenge. Sometimes the homes on the lower mainline do feature updated interiors that you are seeking, but they typically sell quickly, so the individual you work with buying your home would have to be vigilant. But it is 100% possible to find a modern interior in these older homes . I would not write off Bala Cynwd/Wynnewood if you can find the interior you desire.

With that I would focus on #1 Media/Rose Valley areas. And maybe a slight extension west and north of those for more housing options.

#2 Bala Cynwyd/Wynnewood/Narberth/Penn Valley areas if you can find a modern interior.

Both are lovely areas and you really can't go wrong with either. I am sure you will enjoy Southeast PA it is a charming place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 07:24 PM

176 posts, read 250,692 times
Default Did you pick a town?

Hi there,
We are in search mode like you are. I did not grow up in US so have minimal handyman skills. Looking for something newer construction that will not need me spending time fixing things. Have elementary school age kids and currently live in Upper Providence Twshp (North of Media). We would love to get something in Media area as well. If you have any pointers, please share.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2017 View Post
Hello everyone, I am starting a new job at the Navy Yard in Philadelphia and need to move to the area. I have two young children and want to be in a good school district. The areas we are looking at are Swarthmore, Havertown, Wallingford. So far we didn't see any houses we liked and possibilities for new construction are very limited. I was wondering what other town should we look into? I was thinking to check out Merion Starion,Bala Cynwyd, Ardmore. How are those towns in comparison to Swarthmore, Havertown, Media?
I want to be no more than 30 minutes drive from the Navy yard, good schools, close to amenities. Please advise and give me some tips. I don't know the area. I am moving from Northern Maryland where I lived for the past 7 years and I don't like it. Before Maryland I lived in central Jersey where I was close to everything. Please help me understand the area and make an educated choice. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia