Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,816 times

Advertisements

Do you ever wonder if you're making a difference in other's lives?

Because of aware of the effects of energy, it matters to me that I'm impacting someone's life for the better and so I'm usually very aware of what I put out. I want people to feel better because I was there. Even when I post, I want to post some level of information that if someone googled a topic, they can read it and think, "Okay, so someone somewhere gets where I'm coming from and overcame a challenge similar to what I want to overcome."

That really matters to me. I'm don't feel called to serve, but I do care a great deal about my output. I want whatever I post to be positive but honest.

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
Thanks for starting this thread....I may not always say what someone wants to hear. (Or agree with everyone.) But I try to be respectful of other peoples' beliefs and feelings...I don't want to "slam/bam" anyone. (In other words.)...But sometimes I end-up in "hot water" anyway because I don't always follow "protocal" and say or do what's "expected."...So I stay in my "cave" most of the time and just pop my head out once in awhile.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Thanks for starting this thread....I may not always say what someone wants to hear. (Or agree with everyone.) But I try to be respectful of other peoples' beliefs and feelings...I don't want to "slam/bam" anyone. (In other words.)...But sometimes I end-up in "hot water" anyway because I don't always follow "protocal" and say or do what's "expected."...So I stay in my "cave" most of the time and just pop my head out once in awhile.
I can fully relate to this. I often talk about my 'cave'.
I call them like I see them...and I only do so when I have enough knowledge to say as much. People don't like it, but it's the truth. I hope that in the end my words stick and one reflects upon the situation and how I saw things and learn from it.
I read tarot cards, not in a fortune telling style, it is more reflective and food for thought. In doing so, it comes from an energetic place of wanting to help people. It's a simple act that I hope does make people make decisions that will benefit them.
Most people I do readings for are very thankful for the words I pass along to them.
It's a good feeling to help others, but that's not why I do it (for the good feeling), I do it because its what we humans should do- be helpful however we can.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Ohhh i understand this. I may go back into my cave soon enough, as you know, and just pop my head out every so often too. Forums can be really fun yet quite the challenge..

Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I can fully relate to this. I often talk about my 'cave'.
I call them like I see them...and I only do so when I have enough knowledge to say as much. People don't like it, but it's the truth. I hope that in the end my words stick and one reflects upon the situation and how I saw things and learn from it.
I read tarot cards, not in a fortune telling style, it is more reflective and food for thought. In doing so, it comes from an energetic place of wanting to help people. It's a simple act that I hope does make people make decisions that will benefit them.
Most people I do readings for are very thankful for the words I pass along to them.
It's a good feeling to help others, but that's not why I do it (for the good feeling), I do it because its what we humans should do- be helpful however we can.
OwlKa, I would love to have a reading done by you one day. I use to get them done for fun and out of curiousity but I stopped after one of the readings said my sweetie and I weren't meant to be. That made me so sad knowing how much I love him and how well we seem to get along.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a "cave!" Thanks for sharing....I used to teach growth-oriented classes years ago. And every so often I would sit down and tell the people in my class that I was going to be "their student" for awhile.. I asked them to take over as "teachers."...It always worked out great. And I had a chance to learn from them too!...I knew it was time to step back into the role of "leader" when everyone stopped talking and looked at me...I want to stay humble and modest. And I prefer staying in the background most of the time versus "going upfront" or being in the "spotlight." I sort of got "pushed" into teaching those classes but I'm glad I did...These days I'm trying to keep a low-profile. I have to work through my grief over losing my husband and both my sons within a short span of time.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 PM

OwlKa...When did you first start doing readings? Did you feel an "urge" or "calling" to do them?...I'm a big believer in listening to "inner guidance" when it comes to what we do (or don't do) in our lives...Of course there are times when I feel "guided" to do something and end-up falling on my "behind." But I figure I have lessons to learn from all of my experiences in life... And it's "humbles me" when things don't turn out the way I expected. How do you feel about it?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:24 PM

Royalite...Things can get "sticky" (and competitive) when people start playing doctor or teacher or counselor with each other. Don't you think?...It can become a contest of ego's. YUK!...Someone takes the "one-up" position and the other person is suppose to go "down."...This is why I stay in my "cave" so much. I don't want to fight or argue or debate anyone in "hostile ways." But open-ended discussions are great!...How do you feel about it? What have you encountered on forums?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM

541 posts, read 1,145,378 times
Yes, I think about my energy a lot! Mostly, IRL, not so much online. I'm old enough to know that I will never cure cancer, win Nobel prize, etc......BUT I make a difference everyday to people in my circle. I strive to be kind most of all. I don't always make it, I am HUMAN. I truly want my family and friends to live happy/content and healthy lives. I root for them in all things they want.

I do have great energy, most people comment on how confident I am but it's not confidence their seeing, it's that I am comfortable in my own skin(maybe that is confidence, IDK) I have good/bad parts to me, as we all do.

We have a running joke in my immediate family, anytime my husband or son says anything patronizing or negative to me, they almost always will bump into a wall or spill something, I tell them to stop messing with me, my great karma is getting them immediately!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:40 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Beatles had this answered before:

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy