Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 03:22 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times

Advertisements

Good points and never really considered the advancement side of things.

Still remember when I took my God Daughter to her first day of school because her parents were attending a funeral... it was my day off and said I would be glad to do it.

Got a call and told I had to report immediately and said I would be tied up for at least 2 hours because I was at school...

Thought all hell broke loose... it was a real ugly situation. I was later asked why someone else couldn't have stepped in and that I better not make it a habit to get out from coming in.

I think part of the problem is those without kids seem to expect more from those without kids...

None of the Department Heads had kids and they were in their 40's and 50's

One of the guys took time off for the birth of his second child... came 10 days early... the woman CEO, who is also a Doctor said there is nothing he can do but get in the way... and it's not like it was his first child???

I guess kids or no kids can be a hot topic no matter the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 03:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
You're only going by what you read into what I wrote. I wrote my opinion of child centric parents, nothing more, of which I AM 100% entitled. You attacked against TOS! I'm very serious when I say stop replying to me! This is over! You wrote that you believe I am not entitled to an opinion, I have nothing more to say to you. Go back on topic!
Your judgements of people you don't know are pathetic and I won't drop it as long as you keep harping it.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Your judgements of people you don't know are pathetic and I won't drop it as long as you keep harping it.
The only one harping is you, endlessly, with great emotion, and against TOS

Please stop and go back to topic!

Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
I've heard crazy lord of the flies type of tales about hospitals, so I'm not surprised to hear your story. They're weird places to work. I'm at an institute (Swiss co) and corp policy is set in stone for all.
Hey... my trip was to Switzerland and it was great

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 01-18-2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Good points and never really considered the advancement side of things.

Still remember when I took my God Daughter to her first day of school because her parents were attending a funeral... it was my day off and said I would be glad to do it.

Got a call and told I had to report immediately and said I would be tied up for at least 2 hours because I was at school...

Thought all hell broke loose... it was a real ugly situation. I was later asked why someone else couldn't have stepped in and that I better not make it a habit to get out from coming in.

I think part of the problem is those without kids seem to expect more from those without kids...

None of the Department Heads had kids and they were in their 40's and 50's

One of the guys took time off for the birth of his second child... came 10 days early... the woman CEO, who is also a Doctor said there is nothing he can do but get in the way... and it's not like it was his first child???

I guess kids or no kids can be a hot topic no matter the situation.
Wow, just wow.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The only one harping is you, endlessly, with great emotion, and against TOS

Please stop and go back to topic!
You wish you could evoke great emotion, but you're not that important. Sorry.
Ok, on topic. I don't think having or not having children brings happiness as this forum clearly show with the incessent vitriol and complaining. If people were to try to focuss on what the DO have rather than worry about what they DON'T have, be it children, things, power, marriage, whatever, happiness might be an attainable state.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:48 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times
Absolutely!!!! As long as you don't have an ego problem. People intentionally have kids for purely their own ego satisfaction. Get past that and you will discover life is WONDERFUL without the terrible burden and expense of children. (now here comes the "I love my kids" blah blah blah stuff)

Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Hey... my vactation was to Switzerland and it was great
Stop by Basel? I was able to visit a couple of years ago.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:53 PM

558 posts, read 1,121,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
Every time I talk to others about my future (sometimes long-term) plans, people are horrified to know I wouldn't even consider raising children. It's such a shocking thing to say. Aside from the fact I'm gay, meaning kids are out of the question, it's not even something I would even want.

It's not that I don't understand the potential joys of children, I came from a large, happy family. And I encourage others to have children, it's just not something for me.

In my opinion, I can travel, have nights out, save money, etc. But people remind no one will take care of me when I'm old. But my 85 year old neighbour never sees his kids who live only 15 minutes away.

So I ask. In your opinion, is it possible to be happy and fulfilled without kids?
I'm 37 and have never wanted kids, so much so that I got a Vasectomy. I am not stable in all the ways (financially, mentally etc) that are needed to bring a life into this world. I have a very dim outlook on the population and I refuse to add to it, there are already too many people on this planet.
I see so many unfit human beings having kids, they think it's cute, they think it's the natural and normal thing to do. I admit it's the primitive drive in us to procreate but if we are going to believe that we are the superior beings then we should use our brains more and realize that it's just the primate is us driving us to procreate, and with that knowledge make our own choice.
Sure it would be nice to have a couple kids to take sledding, or to concerts etc, but all the other stuff outweighs it, for me anyway.
I have to add that my Mom gave me 2 great brother and I'd be lost without them so I can't claim to be against having kids I guess.

Last edited by Challenger76; 01-17-2014 at 04:03 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You wish you could evoke great emotion, but you're not that important. Sorry.
Ok, on topic. I don't think having or not having children brings happiness as this forum clearly show with the incessent vitriol and complaining. If people were to try to focuss on what the DO have rather than worry about what they DON'T have, be it children, things, power, marriage, whatever, happiness might be an attainable state.

Nothing about that post was on topic, you are using the guise of on topic to attack me further. For someone who doesn't care about my opinions, you sure are trying hard to change and attack them, and me as a person.

I have attained great happiness with a full wonderful life, full of family, children, and friends I love and adore, many of whom are amazing parents that I have nothing but the utmost respect for. If it makes you feel better to assume I'm miserable, have at it

I genuinely hope you have happiness also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy