Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 01:24 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times

Advertisements

Old people know more about life than young people. But people only find this out when they get old and don't know why they couldn't have figured this out much earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 09:44 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Thinking that life is always a learning setting is ignoring the fact of long held (but not true) beliefs being all too common in society. I've met my share of those who seem to never learn much simply because they feel they already know most of what they'd need to. In my own life I can honestly say that the most important thing I ever learned was centered on not taking the limited views of others as the only truth. Real learning comes from your own ability to look into everything that surrounds your decisions, in that vein I'd think that most here on CD have realized the consequences of poor decisions, whether those decisions are yours or others.

In fact most of the posts here on all forums can be taken as testimony to those consequences, in relationships, finance, home buying, employment, choice of car, where to live, and a host of other topics, the same type of complaints surface, and when it is all is boiled down it is revealed as a tale of poor choices and those choices are usually based upon what someone told the person now suffering the consequences.

A good education can be a big part of getting a good job, BUT, it seldom, if ever, can cover the ground that comprises an entire lifetime of needed knowledge, thus a "real" education stems from the knowledge that "learning" doesn't come from just having the days go by, it comes from reading, primarily. In a nation of poor readers and too much TV and entertainment, is it any wonder that so many seem to be making poor choices?

Old 03-26-2016, 10:06 AM

4,865 posts, read 2,674,972 times
Quote:
What have you learned throughout your life?
that it's never too late to do the next right thing.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Thank goodness you guys got on your feet!! (Knock on wood) and I hope you stay good!!!!

What I have learned thru my life is: THINGS KEEP GETTING WORSE AND WORSE and its quite sad...... This used to be a beautiful planet in the 70s and before...... The 80s saw purity starting to be ruined (Older movies changed,music sounding worse,etc) and more and more GOVT intrusiveness...... Someone didnt like how beautiful the world was and in the late 70s decided to destroy it and ppl were NOT AWARE OF IT (a frog slowly cooking in hot water) and now its too late

They have things just as they want them.... COLD/STERILE AND IN THIER HANDS........ All we have left thats GOOD is whats from the past when the world was pure......
This is a parody, right? People have been saying the same for millennia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy