Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 08:06 AM

909 posts, read 546,048 times

Advertisements

It is real, consciousness creates your reality.
https://aeon.co/essays/consciousness...llusory-belief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 03:11 PM

4 posts, read 3,156 times
Only cossniousness exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVZ6nOjGJNc&t=171s

Old 01-25-2020, 05:58 PM

5,194 posts, read 1,875,669 times
I could go along with this in a way, because of some experiences I had, where I was able to manipulate my consciousness in ways that are hard to describe in words. Got into an experience through a mind awake/body asleep method. I have tried since but had some bad experiences for some reason.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:16 AM

155 posts, read 136,464 times
There is an awesome podcast on this topic called Where is My Mind. Highly highly recommend it!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/where-is-my-mind

Old 01-26-2020, 08:19 AM

19,055 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
I could go along with this in a way, because of some experiences I had, where I was able to manipulate my consciousness in ways that are hard to describe in words. Got into an experience through a mind awake/body asleep method. I have tried since but had some bad experiences for some reason.

Interesting.

So who was "I" that manipulated "consciousness"? You understand that if I is consciousness, it can NOT manipulate itself? Hence, you have 2 subjects - I AND consciousness. As only then something can manipulate something else.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tiger View Post
It is real, consciousness creates your reality.

Consciousness is not an object. It is nothing more than chemicals interacting with highly specialized cells in the brain. When you die, your consciousness ceases to exist.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:38 PM

19,055 posts, read 27,627,799 times
chemicals interacting with highly specialized cells in the brain.

And you can provide undoubtful proof to that, right? As if you do, that's at least Nobel prize right there.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:30 PM

4 posts, read 3,156 times
Human consciousness is a special electromagnetic field that permeates and informatically, telepathically connects and wraps around all cells and organs of the body within itself and plays the role of their collective consciousness. It works with the body's senses, brain and nervous system, just like our computers do with the help of electrical current that powers them from the electrical grid. The electromagnetic currents that appear on the surface of the brain as one thinks, aren’t created by the brain, but by the human consciousness, also called "aura" or "soul". It can merge and separate from the body and survive the death and breakdown of it. At the moment of separation from the body, the informational connection between the cells and the organs of the body is broken and the body disintegrates and dies. Of course, the substance that built the cells and organs of the body doesn’t die, but still continues to live the same life it lived before it entered the human body.

more on this in the attached video above

Old 01-26-2020, 06:35 PM

5,194 posts, read 1,875,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Interesting.

So who was "I" that manipulated "consciousness"? You understand that if I is consciousness, it can NOT manipulate itself? Hence, you have 2 subjects - I AND consciousness. As only then something can manipulate something else.

I was the consiousness and I could maniulate myself I guess. Hard to describe in words. I wasn't me the human person though.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:41 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,556,032 times
I think, therefore I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy