Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 AM

1,292 posts, read 3,476,203 times

Advertisements

What did you do? How was the dinner? Score any Black Friday deals, or enjoy a morning sleeping in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 09:09 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
I worked.

But still had some enjoyable moments with family that came in to town from California.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:26 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
As far as Thanksgivings go, it was bad. The worst ever. Missed the Lions game for the first time in over 15 years, worked and had a Banquet Turkey Dinner. But compared to an average day, it was average.

Hope it was good for others.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:55 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
It's just another day, another holiday in America. My boss called me the day after wondering where I was even though I had this approved day off for 2 months now...

Thank you AZ employers. You are the best...

Old 11-27-2010, 05:37 PM

271 posts, read 839,420 times
Very nice. We had 10 people over. I did the cooking with everyone bringing wine, one friend oyster and chorizo stuffing, one pomegranate mimosas, and another a pumpkin cheesecake. Started with cranberry margaritas and the mimosas with appetizers (deviled eggs, candied pecans, baked camembert with crackers, parmesan-spinach puff pastry swirls) at 2 pm, dinner at around 5:30 (made turkey, gravy, Grand Marnier stuffing with apricots and sausage, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce with marsala and cherries, sweet potato gratin, brussels sprouts with bacon, chili, and maple syrup, brandied pumpkin pie). Surprise hit was actually the brussels sprouts, of all things. Tried a new recipe, and it was the first to go. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/di...0chefrex4.html
By 10:30 everyone had left, and we were able to sit down in front of the fireplace - glad it was cold enough to use! - relax, drink more wine, and watch a movie. Black Friday slept in, but then spent the rest of the day cleaning up after Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Rubee; 11-27-2010 at 05:59 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 09:56 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,476,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubee View Post
Very nice. We had 10 people over. I did the cooking with everyone bringing wine, one friend oyster and chorizo stuffing, one pomegranate mimosas, and another a pumpkin cheesecake. Started with cranberry margaritas and the mimosas with appetizers (deviled eggs, candied pecans, baked camembert with crackers, parmesan-spinach puff pastry swirls) at 2 pm, dinner at around 5:30 (made turkey, gravy, Grand Marnier stuffing with apricots and sausage, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce with marsala and cherries, sweet potato gratin, brussels sprouts with bacon, chili, and maple syrup, brandied pumpkin pie). Surprise hit was actually the brussels sprouts, of all things. Tried a new recipe, and it was the first to go. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/di...0chefrex4.html
By 10:30 everyone had left, and we were able to sit down in front of the fireplace - glad it was cold enough to use! - relax, drink more wine, and watch a movie. Black Friday slept in, but then spent the rest of the day cleaning up after Thanksgiving.
You need to invite me over for dinner next year.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
It was great. Thanks

Old 11-28-2010, 12:06 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Family Fun Time! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and then spent my black friday at home safe shopping the web, I went to the stores today. I tried black friday once and that will last me a dozen years. LOL

Old 11-28-2010, 07:43 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
What did you do? How was the dinner? Score any Black Friday deals, or enjoy a morning sleeping in?
I worked Thanksgiving (WalMart) and figured it would be dead, but it wasn't!! I worked a full shift and was whooped when I got home. No dinner but am doing it today. I worked Black Friday as well but didn't have to be there till 5 AM. This is the first year they actually started the sale at 12:01 AM and they had NO idea they'd be soooo busy! They had quite a few employees there, shopping, but the lines were so long they had employees clocking in and cashiering in their pajamas!! LOL Why ANYONE goes shopping in their pajamas is beyond me, but.... We got a good laugh out of it anyway and I guess they had fun.

This was the first year, in my entire life, I've been in ANY store for Black Friday and it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. In fact, we had so many cashiers I ended up doing returns for Customer Service. Please tell me why so many people load up their shopping carts but when they get to the checkout they decide they don't want half of it!! I returned at least four heaping carts to electronics alone! They finally told me that if I didn't bring them a bottle of Jack Daniels with the NEXT one...

Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 AM

245 posts, read 545,535 times
Mine was pretty good too, thanks. Had a great meal, did some black friday in my pajamas with the wife and kid(Yep we were one of those, lol) but did none of that standing outside nonsense at 2am, we started at 7am, got many good deals, glad I listened to my wife and then went back to bed. Very nice!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area