Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM

641 posts, read 2,366,828 times

Advertisements

I live outside CG Because I want a slower life. As others said, you will hate it here.

You can bowl, or goto a bar , or goto church. You can also shop. So yeah, you think Austin is bad you will hate it. Now if you do not mind driving, you can always drive into the Metro area, but even then, besides drinking, what are you going to do there?

Now if you are into hiking etc, then there are places all over the valley to do that.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM

20 posts, read 26,717 times
Observer- Thanks so much Sorry about the extra "s" lol. Yeah my friends willing to let me stay there for as long as I need. Which is awesome.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM

sh9730-
Thanks, I really appreciate that info! Yeah we're actually planning on moving to Casa Grande once he starts work. That's really good to know about the bartending jobs! I befriended you since you live in Casa Grande. I hope that's ok, you should be able to answer some questions about the area when it gets close

Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM

Thanks everyone for all the input!!! I really appreciate it. Although I am in my late 20s I've had plenty, if not too many , years of going out and partying so I'm not really worried about a great bar scene, except as it pertains to work. I actually lived in Arizona before a couple of years ago for about 6 months and I lived in Chandler, and I hated it. There were so many drugs there and the scene just wasn't what I'm about. Maybe that's because of the people I was hanging out with. I worked at Gallagher's Sports Bar in Chandler and I really just didn't like the area at all. My friend that lives in Queen Creek goes out every once in a while and she's from the area so we'll be covered as far as that goes. I didn't know Casa Grande was that far away, but like I said earlier we will plan to move to Casa Grande once he starts working. I'm also trying to consider an area that would be nice for us to eventually buy a house. I still have my VA Home Loan from being in the Navy so I'd like to use that in a place that's cheaper than my homestate of CA lol. As far as Austin goes, if all I wanted to do was party at the bars I'd be very happy here. Even though it is the capitol there's not really a lot to do here at all, for any age. Maybe it's because I'm born and raised in CA but it's just.......boring lol. At least when I'm in AZ I can drive back to So Cal when I want and it's not THAT bad of a drive. Again, I really appreciate everyones input, it helped A LOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area