Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:32 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
There are more Poles in Chicago than the entire population of Warsaw. Do you suppose they all came here legally? My great-grandmother was married to a man who was an illegal from Hungary. It happens in all ethnic groups, not just Mexicans.
Rather feeble justification, Jukesgrrl.

Illegal is ILLEGAL . . . regardless of country of origin. One Illegal should NOT and does NOT justify another Illegal.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:34 PM

614 posts, read 1,765,346 times
Ughhh, stuff like this just makes me sick.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 PM

512 posts, read 1,184,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
There are more Poles in Chicago than the entire population of Warsaw. Do you suppose they all came here legally? My great-grandmother was married to a man who was an illegal from Hungary. It happens in all ethnic groups, not just Mexicans.
The thing is that Poles are white and melt in American society as soon as they learn to speak English. They don't come here anymore at least I haven't met newcomers from Poland since a long time.

It is Mexicans and Carribeans who ticks white Americans off, not Europeans whether they are legal or illegal. Sorry but I don't agree that the rule "Legal - good, illegal - bad" works out. And probably in the line of ancestry of most of you there can be found illegals from Europe.

If all Americans were so tolerant as they claim to be, there wouldn't be Mexican, Black, Chinese, White and Jewish neighbourhoods and suburbs in all big cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Rather feeble justification, Jukesgrrl.

Illegal is ILLEGAL . . . regardless of country of origin. One Illegal should NOT and does NOT justify another Illegal.
Let's deport all people whose at least one great-great-great father came to US illegaly, there will stay only native Americans here then.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,945,240 times
Ahh the illegals discussion again...

I have opinions all over the place on this but one that comes to mind right now is obviously you can't let people just pour in, there has to be some control but having said that, how many anti-illegal people know exactly how they and their ancestors got here? Many could have very got got here illegally...whats the time frame for when we "forget"? Some say "Well they got away with it and now I'm an American and thats that." Well what do you think people coming over today are trying to do?

On a related note, it's like people who move to Phoenix from other states and then complain that new(er) people need to stop moving here and "go back where they came from". Unless your whole family and ancestors are from here, isn't that a bit hypocritical? Aren't you yourself part of the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area