Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 AM

28 posts, read 122,402 times

Advertisements

ill go a step further the FRENCH the whole country rude , puppies are fare game

Old 08-01-2007, 11:12 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Ok, not all ex CA's are rude. We go to San Diego a lot and we are always very nice even when you are sticking us with your ridiculous prices. You just ran into a bunch of trash and they are in every state we have explored. Some of the rudest people we run into are always at Disneyland. I dont know where they come from, probably CA.....ok you might be right about Californians.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:54 AM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
I work at Sea World San Diego and I have to say about half of the people who visit from Arizona are just rude.Very rude.Cussing,threating to run me over,one lady even grabbed me a few weeks ago.I find it sad,because the local people from SD are nicer,even LA folk.So may I ask why are you guys so rude?Nevada,OR,NM,CO,UT,WA all of them are nicer than you guys.
What goes around comes around. Have you looked into the mirror lately.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM

21 posts, read 76,067 times
This is a sad thread.

Any state no matter where you go has rude people. All states have nice people too. It would be ignorant to judge a state by the few people you have com in contact with. If you really want to know how Arizonans are.....go there.

By the way, Most of the people in Arizona are from other states, and I would venture to say that most of the people coming here are from California. Food for thought.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 PM

13 posts, read 74,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Wow. I am from southern Cali... about to move to AZ. I guess as soon as I move to AZ, I will automatically turn into a rude person. Maybe I should re-think my move....

Stereotyping an entire state, based off a handful of negative encounters from AZ residents confuses me.
I would if I were you. The point is I know I would be a lot happier elsewhere.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 PM

550 posts, read 3,265,935 times
When we relocated from the NW to AZ we also noticed a HUGE difference in how people behaved towards each other. It wasn't that people are necessarily rude here, but there's just a significantly different level of courtesy shown to others. Nothing big and unruly, just different.

We've been here for three years and I still get people looking at me like I have six heads when I say "excuse me" or hold a door open for them.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 PM

8,312 posts, read 13,444,568 times
I moved from OC, CA to Phoenix and I think it is the other way around as far as rudeness goes. I can't say So Cal people were rude or mean either but I noticed a much more sincere and 'real' approach from the people in Phoenix.
From the elderly who works at Wal-Mart to construction people I chat with, they seem more 'genuine' imho.

You will have bozos in every city and state but like AJ661 and BoatDrinks stated, there is a good chance those so called Arizonians were not native so don't think they are the real AZnians just cause they registered their car in AZ.

That said, most of the bad rep given to AZ drivers is also caused by the smacktard transplant drivers from elsewhere not the natives!!

Despite high temperature, the Arizonians are quite sane and polite as far as I am concerned. Even those that are rude and bitter are probably not going to other city forums and ranting about the rideness of their locals after meeting a few so called locals from that part of the world.

See, some think that I am a smart alec with a holier than thou attitude which might make you think I am another rude Arizonian since I live here which couldn't be further from the truth!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:43 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Turcoloco hit it pretty much on the button with their post.

I believe the rude people are those from out of state, especially CA, that do not wear a hat or cover their heads during the extreme heat in AZ. Their brains 'fry' from exposure and they don't know where they are located or whether they are comming or going.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM

551 posts, read 2,725,819 times
It also seems that just "over time" many people are getting ruder (probably everywhere). Too many people seem to have that "sense of entitlement" and take any kindness shown their way for granted.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:08 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
I agree with Master Shake. I think it is everywhere and getting worse. I saw some very sad things in our new community revolving around some 10 to 12 year olds up at the clubhouse. The language made my ears burn along with other acts of rudeness I will not go into. I can't wait to see what the next generation brings as far as politeness goes. People on a whole are far more crude today and we keep lowering the bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: