Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 02:23 PM

617 posts, read 2,823,069 times

Advertisements

So hubby and I are moving to Mesa... we visited the Lakeview Luxury apartments at Superstition Springs and signed a 15 month lease there. The complex seemed really nice.... we went back twice before making a decision. The model apartments were great... but I am wondering about the shape of the actual apartments that are being lived in, and am hoping they are in as good of shape as the models. I liked the apartment location, as it is right by the Superstition Mall and TONS of shopping and restaurants, not to mention it's right off the 60 freeway.

I went on apartmentratings.com before we signed the lease, and there are many negative reviews mostly about cricket issues, leaking roofs when it rains, a jerky manager, and billing issues i.e. no record of rent being paid when it was paid on time. It seems like only people who want to complain write reviews on that site, although there were a few positive reviews which seemed to be written by actual residents (some were so positive they seemed to have been written by the staff).

I was wondering if any of you Phoenix city data-ers have lived or currently live at these apartments or known someone who has. What was your experience?? Did you/do you like it there?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:16 AM

617 posts, read 2,823,069 times
No body knows anything at all?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 PM

26 posts, read 87,995 times
You can and should request a walk-thru of the exact apartment you would be living.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 AM

3 posts, read 8,906 times
hi my family and my daughters family are moving to az from new jersey and we were thinking of moving to were you are now we have be checking thing out on the net, i have not heard anything nice about it on here, just places i have seen on paper, i guess you are there now if so is it nice, i dont want to pick a bad place. because if we like it 1 other family will move there. looking out for my grandchildren.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,059,356 times
I'm sure Calibelle is there now...but, my son used to live in those apartments and was very happy. Some of the units have garages.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:08 PM

609 posts, read 2,118,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
So hubby and I are moving to Mesa... we visited the Lakeview Luxury apartments at Superstition Springs and signed a 15 month lease there. The complex seemed really nice.... we went back twice before making a decision. The model apartments were great... but I am wondering about the shape of the actual apartments that are being lived in, and am hoping they are in as good of shape as the models. I liked the apartment location, as it is right by the Superstition Mall and TONS of shopping and restaurants, not to mention it's right off the 60 freeway.

I went on apartmentratings.com before we signed the lease, and there are many negative reviews mostly about cricket issues, leaking roofs when it rains, a jerky manager, and billing issues i.e. no record of rent being paid when it was paid on time. It seems like only people who want to complain write reviews on that site, although there were a few positive reviews which seemed to be written by actual residents (some were so positive they seemed to have been written by the staff).

I was wondering if any of you Phoenix city data-ers have lived or currently live at these apartments or known someone who has. What was your experience?? Did you/do you like it there?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I lived there many years ago. It was nice, convenient and quiet and the pool was very nice. I only had one problem, the way the entry door to the apartments is arranged, I could not get the couch in,(2nd story) the answer was to move or figure a way to bring it up over the outside balcony. They cancelled my lease and I moved.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
My advice would be to see the apartments at night and if you can make a second trip on a Friday or Saturday night, that would be helpful too. You can't really get an idea of what an apartment is like during a showing. This is particularly true of Phoenix because most of the apartments look pretty nice during the day especially when the apartment managers take you by the pool and shows you their model units. Most of the residents are at work so it seems quiet. It can be extremely misleading so take it upon yourself to drive their at night on a Friday or Saturday. The most important aspect of an apartment complex are the neighbors. Because if your neighbors are bad, your experience at the complex can be a nightmare regardless of how nice the actual apartments are. I made the mistake of moving into an apartment when I first moved to the valley. It looked amazing during the day and the location was nice. . Then I discover later that my neighbor was a drug dealer. There were loud parties on Sunday night. Kids were sitting on their balconie smoking pot. Small children were unattended and walking naked all over the complex. People drove crazy in the parking lot and there was never any parking space (which I couldn't assess during the day when no one was there). There were monster trucks, low riders and cars with bullet holes in them. Had I simply seen the place at night, I would have never signed the lease.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 24,218 times
Thanks for all your comments. I'll definitely check the areas out at night. I did that once before, very enlightening. Lakeview was also on my list so I was curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area