Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 AM

50 posts, read 169,971 times

Advertisements

I searched the threads and couldn't find any thing on this.

I need to move a car from WI to Phoenix. I'm looking for someone that has had an experience with a reliable company that isn't over the top expensive. No, I don't want to hire someone off of Craig's List. I'm looking for a decent transport company.

Thank you for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM

183 posts, read 550,113 times
I'm in the transportation business, but not specifically autos.
This is a review site that covers a lot of carriers.
Rated by size/# of customers, and other factors.

Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies - Your Source For Finding a Quality Auto Transporter!

Make sure you get a signed contract, where they can't change the price on you after they get the car. Moving companies do this after they get your house loaded up then go down to the truck stop and weigh it, and say "that qoute was for 8,000 pounds of household goods, your house totals 11,300."
After you talk to a few companies for quotes, you'll be able to sniff out the honest ones, cause there willing to give you more information, and answer any concerns. They will tell you about a fee upfront, where a shifty operator will have a cheaper price, but spring a surprise fee on you later.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:14 AM

46 posts, read 181,707 times
my roommate used a company called Jbird Trucking about 6 times when he would go from AZ to PA and back and the prices were pretty cheap and the guy was always on time. Not sure how his routes are set but I believe he goes all over the US. I don't have a number off hand but I can try to find it when i get home.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 PM

370 posts, read 1,564,762 times
I did this the other way recently-from Arizona to Washington DC. I can tell you two things for sure. #1- Don't bother to call until you are ready to ship and #2-most of the people listed in the TransportReview (an excellent resource, BTW) merely post your request on the internet; make the arrangements with the actual transporter and collect a fee. I called a listed firm and made arrangements with them. It turned out there was a transporter living about 10 miles from us, we met him at the auto auction, he drove the car on to his transport and went home for three more days and then left. Car arrived safely (this is where the insurance aspect comes into play) and on time. I said I was going to keep his information if I ever needed it again but I doubt that I did and doubt that I will!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:36 PM

50 posts, read 169,971 times
Thank you, thank you! There are so many out there it makes your head spin! I appreciate all the advice!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognito View Post
I searched the threads and couldn't find any thing on this.

I need to move a car from WI to Phoenix. I'm looking for someone that has had an experience with a reliable company that isn't over the top expensive. No, I don't want to hire someone off of Craig's List. I'm looking for a decent transport company.

Thank you for any suggestions!
No personal knowledge, Cognito, but many members of the Car Club I belong to swear by FedEx.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
I had my car shipped from NJ to AZ last month. There were some pick ups along the way in the mid west. This company did an EXCELLENT job.. 5 stars. I paid $940 to have my car shipped. I imagine it will be less from the mid west. They are called the Lightning Auto Carriers (Lightning Auto Carriers | Auto Transport Services) They are very honest and will work with you. Ask them for a free quote. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:42 PM

455 posts, read 1,499,678 times
I recently transported 3 cars across Arizona, from Yuma to the Verde Valley. I used a company called Reliable transportation. I would highly recommend them!
They specialize in vehicle transportation, and their trucks are set up for nothing else.
They quoted me about ~$550 for each car, which may sound high, but my cars are huge and heavy (1950s Caddys ) I also requested an enclosed trailer.

They showed up on time, were very through in their prep and loading of the cars. They delivered them the next day, on time and undamaged. No way could I have done it myself as easily as they did. Cheaper, maybe. But with the peace of mind I got, I consider it a sound investment.

I talked with the driver at length, he told me they move everything from junk cars to Million dollar classics.

Curly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area