Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 AM

211 posts, read 543,966 times

Advertisements

im looking at New builds in Ironwood crossing queen creek, does anyone here live in this development?
just a few things in looking for info on..

Hoa fees?
how's the neighborhood and people ? friendly ? etc..
surrounding shopping, malls etc ?

any information would be great thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,329,597 times
Ironwood Crossing is pretty far out. Despite being shown as in Queen Creek on Fulton's website, it is actually located in the unincorporated community of San Tan Valley. I heard that HOA fees are quite high there, due to it being located in a rural unincorporated area. There are no municipal police and fire services there; such services are provided by Pinal County.

I personally think Freeman Farms in Gilbert is worth the extra money over Ironwood Crossing due to being in a more desirable location, but that's just my opinion. Back when we were looking at newbuilds from Fulton, we considered Ironwood Crossing, Freeman Farms, and Geneva Estates (which has since sold out). Freeman Farms provided the best balance of price and location.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Gilbert I agree is more desirable. However, the houses Fulton offers in freeman farms is a terrible selection IMO.,especially what there asking for price wise. I'd rather pay $80k cheaper and get a better house 10-15 min further out.If I was goin to consider Gilbert and I have. Meritage, Pulte and Richmond American offer better homes.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni2012 View Post
Gilbert I agree is more desirable. However, the houses Fulton offers in freeman farms is a terrible selection IMO.,especially what there asking for price wise. I'd rather pay $80k cheaper and get a better house 10-15 min further out.If I was goin to consider Gilbert and I have. Meritage, Pulte and Richmond American offer better homes.
Moderator cut: snip

If you choose another builder, I don't have a problem with it. Pulte is a pretty good builder. BTW, which particular floorplan at Ironwood Crossing are you looking at? If it is one of the Paradise series, I can see your point. Also, Ironwood Crossing has three additional Caribbean series floorplans, which are actually Mediterranean series homes with larger garages.

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: Enough with the Freeman Farms shilling.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,221,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros 1337 View Post
Ironwood Crossing is pretty far out. Despite being shown as in Queen Creek on Fulton's website, it is actually located in the unincorporated community of San Tan Valley. I heard that HOA fees are quite high there, due to it being located in a rural unincorporated area. There are no municipal police and fire services there; such services are provided by Pinal County.
Unless there is something new, Pinal County does not provide fire services. Rural Metro provides both fire and EMS services, for an annual fee. (You don't pay for these services in your property taxes, so you contract with them privately.) Rural Metro has local substations, which they respond from.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Unless there is something new, Pinal County does not provide fire services. Rural Metro provides both fire and EMS services, for an annual fee. (You don't pay for these services in your property taxes, so you contract with them privately.) Rural Metro has local substations, which they respond from.
Okay, I guess I stand corrected.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 PM

I was looking at the Paradise series, the Fiji. A nice 2 story.
I would think most communities have fire and Ems service.
But if my house caught on fire , let it burn, that's what we pay insurance for lol

Old 07-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Going back to your original post, it looks like the HOA fee for Ironwood Crossing is $117/month. That seems a bit high, but considering the fact that it is located in an unincorporated area, it makes sense.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros 1337 View Post
Going back to your original post, it looks like the HOA fee for Ironwood Crossing is $117/month. That seems a bit high, but considering the fact that it is located in an unincorporated area, it makes sense.
That' is high but I think that' includes sewer,cable
And trash ( I found some old posts that said it did but..)

Old 07-07-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni2012 View Post
That' is high but I think that' includes sewer,cable
And trash ( I found some old posts that said it did but..)
I know sewer and trash are included, however, I can't seem to find any info if cable is included, so I presume it isn't.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 07-07-2012 at 02:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area