Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 PM

145 posts, read 250,878 times

Advertisements

I'd like to ask a two part question as it is getting down to the wire possibly with my wife accepting a potential position at Arrowhead Hospital in Peoria, Az.

First is there anyone here that has experience in working at this facility and if so what is your opinion? she would be working as an RN.....

Second if she would accept a position where could we best live with schools being our #1 priority? our house price range would be $250k to $285k.....

Thank you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM

81 posts, read 214,495 times
Can't help you on the Hospital. But You should be able to find a home in Peoria for that $$.
Check out Glass Door for info on the Hospital. My wife is an RN at a competing hospital.
It seems they all have + & - what makes the difference is the chemistry between the workers.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,946,214 times
Arrowhead Hospital is in Glendale, AZ not in Peoria, AZ. The Arrowhead area in north Glendale is a nice area and I believe the schools are rated pretty well.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,099 times
The 2 best public schools(elementary) in Glendale are just North of the hospital. Sierra Verde and Legend Springs. SV is K-8 and LS is K-6. The Local high school, Mountain Ridge, also has one of the highest graduation/further education rates in the Valley. The schools are good up here. The drive to downtown sucks.

For your price range I would look into the Arrowhead area North of the 101 and between 59th Ave and 75th Ave. A fast 5min. commute.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:52 PM

550 posts, read 1,127,449 times
My grand kids go to Sierra Verde school.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM

800 posts, read 1,911,877 times
Sorry, can't help you with employment questions about the hospital, but you should be able to find some ratings online.

You will find lots of nice homes in that price range. You may want to look in either the Arrowhead area of Glendale (mostly homes built in the 80s/90s), or newer surrounding areas going North up 67th Ave - 75th Ave. Pretty much everything north of the Hospital is in a good area, with some of the best performing schools in AZ, including within Peoria. If you don't mind a slightly longer commute (15-20 mins), you may want to check out the Master Planned community of Vistancia, Or Stetson Valley or Sonoran Mountain Ranch areas. The area around 67th Ave and Happy Valley Road is very popular and not far from Mountain Ridge High School.

If you do move here, welcome! I doubt you will regret moving to this popular area of the Valley!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM

446 posts, read 709,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Arrowhead Hospital is in Glendale, AZ not in Peoria, AZ. The Arrowhead area in north Glendale is a nice area and I believe the schools are rated pretty well.
Well, this is true and it's not true. Glendale is south, then there is a long sliver going north and then there's a little 'Glendale' bump. I've been told Glendale did this to get taxes from Arrowhead mall.

The Arrowhead area is VERY close to Peoria. Like a few miles and you're in Peoria. And it feels nothing like Glendale and everything like Peoria.

It kind of sucks. Believe me, I wish my house was in Peoria not Glendale. Better city services across the board.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 PM

48 posts, read 90,578 times
I think I responded to you in another post...I still recommend Scottsdale Healthcare as a place to work, the Thompson peak location is only about 15 minutes from Arrowhead. Arrowhead is a smaller hospital if that's what you are looking for. I haven't actually been there myself when I did registry, sorry I can't help you more.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM

142 posts, read 933,769 times
A friend of mine is an ER doc at Arrowhead. She enjoys working there more than JC Lincoln, where she is sometimes contracted to serve. I lived in Glendale for 13 years and enjoyed the Arrowhead area. Most of Arrowhead is in Glendale. Peoria surrounds it to the west and even north. I moved straight up 67 th ave and find myself now in Phoenix but a walk across the street puts me in Peoria and a walk 1 mile down the street puts me in Glendale. Ndoesn't really matter, the schools are good up here, neighborhoods are clean, minimal crime, and housing can be found at just about all price points depending on what you're looking for.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:32 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
The general consensus among doctors and nurses is urban university based hospitals are great to train in and horrible to work for. Arrowhead is a community hospital in a fairly upscale area. The hospital is new. The staff is very nice. The doctors are laid back. If I was a nurse, I would much rather work at Arrowhead than a place like Maricopa, St. Joes or Good Sam. In community hospitals, you are not dealing with resident physicians. The patient population in community hospitals tend to be more compliant, and insured so you don't deal with the psycho-social elements that approach the big city hospitals. The doctors and nurses in community hospitals tend to be more relaxed and nicer as they are not dealing with the same stressful environment that exists at the teaching hospitals. I mean you are not going to have the gun and knife show at Arrowhead hospital like you will at Maricopa on a Friday night. So to answer your question, your wife will be very happy at Arrowhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area