Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM

211 posts, read 544,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
Shea homes let us run our own wiring for audio systems.
Shea homes doesn't mind you running your own wiring ?

I've been looking into building w Shea home and Or Taylor Morrison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,951,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
Shea homes let us run our own wiring for audio systems.
That's pretty cool, I wonder if our builder will let us as well. Did they offer it as an option to buy?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I snuck in a did a few things during my construction phase HX_guy. Yours is a bit difficult with the wires but, you need to time it right. Here is the key - you have a pre drywall inspection. Put if off until a Friday, say your busy until a Friday (this is an important step). Then you have Saturday and Sunday with nobody working in the house to do your dirty work, after the sign off. Monday a drywall guy will come with no idea those weren't suppose to be there, nor will he care and there ya go.

Don't tell anyone I told you this info. lol
This is exactly what to do right here...one the inspection is done for that item the next guy that comes to do something else could care less about what was done before him.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM

371 posts, read 1,009,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni2012 View Post
Shea homes doesn't mind you running your own wiring ?

I've been looking into building w Shea home and Or Taylor Morrison
This was awhile ago...we just asked them and it was OK...I would ask though!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
This is exactly what to do right here...one the inspection is done for that item the next guy that comes to do something else could care less about what was done before him.
Thing is, I don't want to cause them any delays or confusion and I'm thinking, would the drywall guy be confused and start asking questions if he sees the end of a wire, in a loop, with no corresponding wall plate? Normally I think they look for the wall plates and cut out a hole there.

Here is a house that has already had the speaker wiring done, you can see how the wire normally terminates and they end it in a loop, but there is also either a wall plate or round speaker cutout there.

Maybe it would be better to run the wire after the drywall is up?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM

211 posts, read 544,414 times
After the drywall hung would be a huge PIA.
If you also look Into Bose stereo speakers. They have a module where there is no Need to run rear speaker wire to a unit, just fronts
I'm sure there must be other speaker system using or coming out w like Bluetooth streaming etc so there is no need to run wires anywhere.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Thing is, I don't want to cause them any delays or confusion and I'm thinking, would the drywall guy be confused and start asking questions if he sees the end of a wire, in a loop, with no corresponding wall plate? Normally I think they look for the wall plates and cut out a hole there.

Here is a house that has already had the speaker wiring done, you can see how the wire normally terminates and they end it in a loop, but there is also either a wall plate or round speaker cutout there.

Maybe it would be better to run the wire after the drywall is up?
From experience the easiest thing to do is ask whoever is building your home if they have a relationship with an audio install contractor and use them. Things will be much smoother in terms of coordination with the project manager. I had to be out there all the time to make sure the contractors knew what I wanted done otherwise.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM

19,448 posts, read 27,880,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni2012 View Post
After the drywall hung would be a huge PIA.
If you also look Into Bose stereo speakers. They have a module where there is no Need to run rear speaker wire to a unit, just fronts
I'm sure there must be other speaker system using or coming out w like Bluetooth streaming etc so there is no need to run wires anywhere.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM

Are the wireless speakers in-ceiling though? I want it to look like this...

Not just have little black speakers everywhere.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.
Problem is power...battery changing is pain in butt if power is not run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area