Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
From the article:

"But they also raise serious questions about why the police resorted to using the Taser only seconds after encountering the non-violent man last month at the Vancouver airport."

See, in other places people question why the police use such excessive force. In Arizona, they cheer them on. Hell, they even make those tasers out there!!!

Arizona used to be a libertarian state that cared about personal freedom and individual rights. Now it is run by a bunch of jack-booted conservatives and thugs that believe the state's power supreme over those of the individual. It's a state that cheer the sadistic treatment of prisoners (whether guilty or not) and makes excuses for the killing of people in police custody. No wonder you love it so much out there.

This is the goofiest post I have seen on this forum to date. Congrats for the dubious honor. it is just plain stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Thank God for the "thugs." The woman chose to take her drugs and then drink. Her idiot husband made the CHOICE to let her travel alone. The foolish seem to have a way of weeding themselves out of society.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,406,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Why are you in the Arizona forum? You seem to be trolling and trying to rile things up. Whats the point?
I am not trolling or "riling" things up. I have been a part of this forum for some time now and was confronted with a question from another poster. I think I should have the ability to respond to such a challenge especially when that poster mis-characterizes my point. Perhaps this entire thread would be better placed in the politics section of the board.

I admit I get rather passionate when it comes to the killing of citizens within police custody and the treatment afforded some of society's least popular at the hands of law enforcement. I'm a Libertarian and make no apologies for standing up for the individual and human rights of others in our society.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:45 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,590 times
irwin- I am no fan of Sheriff Joes or the local politicains here.
In this case, you make it sound as if she was killed by deputies...she wasn't and you know it. The woman killed herself. There is no one to blame bu her and her family for abandoning her. Nobody strangled her. There was no foul play. This is not a Scott Norberg type of case.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
II admit I get rather passionate when it comes to the killing of citizens within police custody and the treatment afforded some of society's least popular at the hands of law enforcement. I'm a Libertarian and make no apologies for standing up for the individual and human rights of others in our society.
The subject of this thread WAS NOT KILLED BY THE POLICE! PERIOD

She was kicking, screaming, and kicking other people (civilians). Watch the tape - she was approached by a number of people, INCLUDING THE POLICE, in order to try to calm her!

The only one responsible for her tragic death is the victim herself (and her family who allowed her to travel alone) -

Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The subject of this thread WAS NOT KILLED BY THE POLICE! PERIOD

She was kicking, screaming, and kicking other people (civilians). Watch the tape - she was approached by a number of people, INCLUDING THE POLICE, in order to try to calm her!

The only one responsible for her tragic death is the victim herself (and her family who allowed her to travel alone) -
They left her alone in a room. Last time I checked people who become hysterical don't deserve death or get the death penalty. At the very least, it seems there is contributory negligence on the part of the police in her death. Police are not allowed to restrain someone in her condition (even if she caused her condition voluntarily) and then leave her alone in those restraints. That is why she died...period. She died because she was left alone. If she would not have been left alone, she would be alive today. If you don't like the word "killed" well, the truth hurts.

Don't worry, you are going to see a lawsuit and we shall see a light shined on the police policy in this case.

Last edited by irwin; 11-15-2007 at 03:31 PM..

Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 PM

235 posts, read 922,895 times
Quote:
Reread my original post. I stated that these incidents happen at a much greater frequency in Arizona
No, this is what you wrote:

Quote:
This is not normal and does not happen in other states (well, maybe in Texas because of their death penalty factory they have there).
I posted several incidents that show you are wrong. The balance of your posts seem to consist of you hyperventilating, shrieking and insulting me and the residents of Arizona with baseless inflammatory nonsense. You look foolish.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill- View Post
No, this is what you wrote:

I posted several incidents that show you are wrong. The balance of your posts seem to consist of hyperventilating, shrieking and insulting myself and the residents of Arizona with baseless inflammatory nonsense. You look foolish.
That's not my first post. Look again.

I made the statement you cite above after posting that the frequency was the issue. Thus, the context of my second post was that "this" meaning the frequency of deaths, does not happen in other places.

As far as calling me foolish and your other personal attacks, well...think whatever you want. I really could care less what the average person who loves Phoenix thinks about me. And, unlike what others did to me...I will spare you the negative feedback for such personal attacks.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
They left her alone in a room. Last time I checked people who become hysterical don't deserve death or get the death penalty. At the very least, it seems there is contributory negligence on the part of the police in her death. Police are not allowed to restrain someone in her condition (even if she caused her condition voluntarily) and then leave her alone in those restraints. That is why she died...period. She died because she was left alone. If she would not have been left alone, she would be alive today. If you don't like the word "killed" well, the truth hurts.

Don't worry, you are going to see a lawsuit and we shall see a light shined on the police policy in this case.
4 minutes. That is how long she was left in a room. And yes, police ARE ALLOWED TO RESTRAIN a subject when similar conditions - and leave them alone. I don't know where you get your information from but, you are mistaken.

She caused her own death. That is the truth

Oh, I'm sure there will be a lawsuit - greedy people tend to sue over anything -

Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM

235 posts, read 922,895 times
Quote:
As far as calling me foolish and your other personal attacks, well...think whatever you want. I really could care less what the average person who loves Phoenix thinks about me. And, unlike what others did to me...I will spare you the negative feedback for such personal attacks.
Here's a little refresher on who made it personal

Quote:
It's a state that cheer the sadistic treatment of prisoners (whether guilty or not) and makes excuses for the killing of people in police custody. No wonder you love it so much out there.
Quote:
Again, Arizona used to be a Libertarian state. Now it is a haven for foaming at the mouth racists who hate "illegals" and blame them for everything and people who support the thuggish tactics of law enforcement officials who are killing people in their custody at an alarming rate. Again, no wonder you love it there.

Last edited by Bill-; 11-15-2007 at 04:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area