Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 16,173 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I'm a 23 yr old guy (black if that matters) who has an opportunity to start a career in computer in AZ, have some college exp but figure i can finish there. anyway hows the area in chandler? rent pricing,crime,night scene?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,519,794 times
This should probably be in the Phoenix forum. Also, if you use the "Search" feature at the top of the page you'll find a whole bunch of threads about Chandler, and get most of your questions answered there.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:48 PM

3 posts, read 16,173 times
okay thanks Ritchie!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM

10 posts, read 33,262 times
Chandler is for the most part a very safe city. There are small pockets of not so nice areas but for the most part it's a great town.

The northern part is the older area and is close to ASU and Mesa Community College. Rent in the northern parts are going to be very reasonable but it is the older area.

South of the 202 freeway is the newer part of Chandler. You'll find a lot of very nice communities and luxury apartment rentals. It also has easy access to Chandler/Gilbert Community college and is connected to the rest of the Valley by the 101 freeway.

In between in terms of price is the area near the Chandler Mall. It's literally in between the other two areas I've mentioned. There are quite a few mid priced apartments nearby and you have the advantage of being near a lot of restaurants and shopping. If you're set on Chandler, I'd probably go with that area for now. It's a fairly easy commute to ASU on the 101 freeway.

Hope that helps!!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 PM

4 posts, read 10,592 times
I'm 64 and on Soc sec. I live in Las Vegas now but want to move to Chandler, to be close to my family. So I'm looking for a small sudio type apartment in a safe neighborhood. I don't know how prices compare to las vegas, but am hoping they are similar. So my question is how I can look for places online

Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,151,444 times
Chandler is a great place to live although if you are looking for "night scene" you are looking at the wrong city. Chandler is more families than singles...maybe look into Scottsdale, Tempe, downtown Phoenix?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,980,470 times
Chandler is a very nice area. Like the above person mentioned it is very family oriented and not a whole lot of 20 somethings/single's scene/nightlife. Being 23 you might want an area that is more "On and Poppin" like Tempe. Tempe literally borders Chandler to the north and is a funner town geared more towards young adults. And being black wont be an issue. Phoenix isn't Cheyenne, Wyoming or Boise, Idaho it is a major city with a little bit of everybody.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Noel View Post
I'm 64 and on Soc sec. I live in Las Vegas now but want to move to Chandler, to be close to my family. So I'm looking for a small sudio type apartment in a safe neighborhood. I don't know how prices compare to las vegas, but am hoping they are similar. So my question is how I can look for places online
This is the new member with questions. You guys are responding to a post from over two years ago by a guy who never returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area