Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 06:19 PM

216 posts, read 605,800 times

Advertisements

Our apartment complex is above the maximum price range you're looking for and we are not within walking distance to the light rail in the least. That's what I'm basing my posts on. If I could have been close to the LR for the same amount of money I'm paying here, it would have been a no-brainer.

$500 is the "room for rent" category in the area you're looking at, not the "apartment for rent" category. Here's a place that's walking distance to the LR, for example:

Tempe AZ Apartments near ASU | Tempe Apartments Utilities Included » College Town Tempe

It meets all your requirements, if you're willing to share a room with two other people. There's a Craigslist ad for someone looking to rent out a bedroom in the 3BR for $536. One-and-a-half starts on ApartmentRatings, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM

125 posts, read 170,022 times
Hold on- what about Central Phoenix in the Medlock historical area? You can find some below the 700 dollar range. The zip code would be 85013. You can pick up the light rail on Central and Camelback. There is a Fry's Food on 7th Ave and Camelback (great prices, and if you choose the Medlock neighborhood it's within walking distance). The area is not terrible. There are beautiful homes around the area of all those older apartment complexes. Pasadena Gardens.. Tamarack Apartments.. look on Google maps for apartments around Camelback and Central. As you travel west, the area gets ickier and poorer. The more East you go the nicer it gets. The furthest west I'd choose to live would be 3rd Avenue or so. Keep in mind that many of these complexes were built in the early 1960s but they are adorable and well kept to keep their historical look.

Tempe appeals to a lot of the college kids so you have some competition there in regard to apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area