Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:53 PM

20 posts, read 32,791 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are looking at moving to Buckeye (Sundance area) in a few months, he will be working in Goodyear but I'm wondering if there's many office/clerical type jobs in Buckeye for me, or will I need to travel to Goodyear as well to find work. Ideally, I'd love for only one of us to be commuting everyday. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 AM

1,112 posts, read 3,999,494 times
Other than some general retail, there's not much in Buckeye other than some farm jobs and the city government jobs. Even Goodyear doesn't have a whole lot of office/clerical type things - though, it does have more than Buckeye.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,433,260 times
There is a Wal*Mart distri center. And a steel truss company. But my guess is, the office staff is fairly small.

Just make your hubby work 2 jobs, and you take care of the swimming pool.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:58 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,148,805 times
Wait...there are jobs in Buckeye:

Rock Collector
Water Diviner
Tumbleweed Chaser

just kidding, Buckeye is trying to make some strides in their infrastructure but their challenge is they are WAY outside of Phoenix. Hit the craigslist job board and see what is out there...looks like a lot of drivers or mechanics needed.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Darn that was my fear. I looked on Craigslist & really couldn't find anything in Buckeye or Goodyear. Without a crazy commute, what are some other areas while living in Buckeye would be good towns/locations to look at for work for clerical type positions...offices, hospitals, etc?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
There is a Wal*Mart distri center. And a steel truss company. But my guess is, the office staff is fairly small.

Just make your hubby work 2 jobs, and you take care of the swimming pool.
Haha I like the way you think!!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm2011 View Post
Darn that was my fear. I looked on Craigslist & really couldn't find anything in Buckeye or Goodyear. Without a crazy commute, what are some other areas while living in Buckeye would be good towns/locations to look at for work for clerical type positions...offices, hospitals, etc?
There's plenty of offices in Goodyear - 60000 people live there. Also a hospital. Whether they are hiring or not is the question. Then there is Avondale, Tolleson too within reasonable reach of Buckeye. Luke AFB is another possibility. Retail is big and growing everywhere in Phoenix and probably your best bet if that is something that you would consider.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
also could be some hope with a family office type environment - think insurance agent, etc

or local financial institutions - banks, real estate, title, etc

they may have some need of basic office staff

we recently had a friend drop out of teaching and end up working in the office for a local construction company - there are quite a few in the SWV

commute to Goodyear isn't bad though - most likely 20-30 minutes with very little traffic backups

Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
also could be some hope with a family office type environment - think insurance agent, etc

or local financial institutions - banks, real estate, title, etc

they may have some need of basic office staff

we recently had a friend drop out of teaching and end up working in the office for a local construction company - there are quite a few in the SWV

commute to Goodyear isn't bad though - most likely 20-30 minutes with very little traffic backups
Thank you for this. I just was unsure if there was anything like that in Buckeye. I really only spent my time in the Sundance development. I've done medical/insurance/medicaid claims & applications for the past 7 years, I figured I wouldn't really find anything like that in Buckeye but who knows. Maybe the hospital or Dr's offices in Goodyear would be a good place to look as well. Thank you again

Old 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm2011 View Post
Thank you for this. I just was unsure if there was anything like that in Buckeye. I really only spent my time in the Sundance development. I've done medical/insurance/medicaid claims & applications for the past 7 years, I figured I wouldn't really find anything like that in Buckeye but who knows. Maybe the hospital or Dr's offices in Goodyear would be a good place to look as well. Thank you again
Buckeye has a small downtown, but it may take longer to get there than to Goodyear. Sundance is the new part of Buckeye and it is several miles from the old town. Also, many docs in Buckeye have offices in Goodyear and come to Buckeye on certain days of the week. There is a large and growing medical plaza in Goodyear at Litchfield and McDowell just off I10 next to the hospital. It seems like many of the docs in that area are part of IMS. Here is a job link for IMS. They do have openings!

https://imsaz.com/jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area