Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 03:26 PM

92 posts, read 183,566 times

Advertisements

I work in Glendale. We have a stray cat that lives (in the pine tree???) at my work. She is not new to the area, as I have worked there for a year, and I think she has been there at least that long, maybe longer. Well, she had a kitten. Didn't know she was pregnant...as we weren't seeing her regularly...The kitten looks about 10 weeks old?

She started hanging around regularly, not that she has this kitten. Momma looked SO thin, after having and feeding the kitten, that I bought food and put it out for them, along with fresh water every day. She looks much better now, after putting on some weight.

She is VERY skittish, and not trusting, of course, after living her life outside, for who knows how long.

Question is this...Is there any rescue or anything that will do a humane trap to catch them, foster them, and take it from there? Or at the very least, trap them, spay them, and release them back to the same spot?

I hate the idea of more unwanted stray animals adding to the already overwhelming unwanted pet population. It breaks my heart.

No, I cannot catch her and take her home. I have 5 dogs, and 4 birds.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

P.S. I posted this here, instead of the pet forum, since the cat that needs help is in Glendale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 05:42 PM

174 posts, read 206,401 times
I don't live in AZ, but I dug around in Google and in the network I used to volunteer with.

Give these a try:

Contact Us
Contact Us | Robin Hood Animal Rescue
http://somanycats.org/
What to do with Strays in Arizona

Old 07-20-2014, 03:26 AM

Thank you Rhaethe. I will try them.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:44 AM

247 posts, read 844,409 times
ADL has a tnr program. Trap Neuter Return | Animal Defense League of Arizona Chances are, she is too feral to tame but kittens in this situation are very tameable after being weaned of course by the mom. The cycle needs to end for this poor girl. One of my favorite rescues is All About Animals, they took in a stray I found that was really friendly, I offered to pay to have it neutered, met a volunteer at the clinic and did just that. Sometimes, it helps to offer rescues a donation to take in an animal or find a foster for them if you can't do it yourself. Thanks for caring. This city is flooded with homeless pets, it's horrible. Cats can survive at strip malls and neighborhoods with landscaping water, dumpster diving and birds a plenty, at office buildings they have a more difficult time unless someone steadily feeds them.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 PM

Hi Sarah.
I hadn't seen the cat and kitten in 2 days, but the mom came out after I put food and fresh water down...which made me happy to see, since it is so hot now. I get the feeling that if someone had lots of time, to gain the cats trust, it could possibly end up OK? I watch My Cat From Hell, and Jackson Galaxy does wonders, so who knows, I am sure anything is possible!
Kitten was a no show...I am wondering if someone took the kitten in? I will keep checking for it, but if I don't see it again, I only hope someone nice got it, and not some crazy sicko.
I will look up the places you recommend over the weekend.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: