Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 02:52 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esiebert7625 View Post
I'm sure they don't read these forums, so there is probably no correlation between your complement and your service shut-off ;-)

Why would they need to send a tech out to restore cable that was shut-off, its not like they send someone out with scissors to snip your cable. Was this a billing issue? A minute or two on a keyboard by one of their reps should be able to restore it. You should call and ask for a supervisor right away or tweet @coxhelp who is pretty responsive.
Well yeah but I was venting. No the deal with what I have going on is, I am moving on the 28th of this month. I set up a transfer and upgrade to happen on the 28th. That was the date on all my confirmations. I came home the other day to no cable or internet. I called 2 days ago, after discovering the d/c to be told they made an error and I read over the confirmation and confirmation number to verify I set up for the 28th. I tech came by yesterday morning and told me that he needed inside, which I know was false as in all this time I have never had cox inside, I did self install and the box is outside. He left since I was working. This is a critical error on their end. They are in breach on contract. They need to correct this and would rather lie to me over the phone with things like "Tech on his way now" who never comes and hang up on me after 45 minutes holds. I wish I knew how to twitter or had internet besides my iphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Well yeah but I was venting. No the deal with what I have going on is, I am moving on the 28th of this month. I set up a transfer and upgrade to happen on the 28th. That was the date on all my confirmations. I came home the other day to no cable or internet. I called 2 days ago, after discovering the d/c to be told they made an error and I read over the confirmation and confirmation number to verify I set up for the 28th. I tech came by yesterday morning and told me that he needed inside, which I know was false as in all this time I have never had cox inside, I did self install and the box is outside. He left since I was working. This is a critical error on their end. They are in breach on contract. They need to correct this and would rather lie to me over the phone with things like "Tech on his way now" who never comes and hang up on me after 45 minutes holds. I wish I knew how to twitter or had internet besides my iphone.
I don't think they do self installs anymore. They cut off and replace all the F connectors with their own, replace splitters you may have with their own, check signal levels with the "office" etc. It cuts down on complaints.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:39 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't think they do self installs anymore. They cut off and replace all the F connectors with their own, replace splitters you may have with their own, check signal levels with the "office" etc. It cuts down on complaints.
Hmm make's sense. Mine was easy from the get go though. I live in a apartment and it's all prewired. I did self install to activate 1 receiver, with the cheapest digital internet package and HDDVR box. Than I got advanced internet. But to turn service back on they just have to open their access port, same way they did with the shut off. I am bummed at this customer service. I really want to cancel based on principle but I know the product century link offers and prefer Cox's. I am upgrading to that deal a member on here told me about a couple pages back on this topic. If I ever get my services back . The upgrade isn't going to take place until after the move anyway though.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:29 PM

681 posts, read 1,560,881 times
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Hahaha. Cox preferred on my iPhone! And I pay for this?

Edit: so I reset my modem and router (for the first time in 2 years - haha) and I get this:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/926228343

Last edited by TiredOfyycCold; 08-07-2014 at 10:38 PM..

Old 08-07-2014, 11:06 PM

397 posts, read 659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post

Hahaha. Cox preferred on my iPhone! And I pay for this?

Edit: so I reset my modem and router (for the first time in 2 years - haha) and I get this:
It's wifi, lots of things can impact your speed and don't expect blazing speeds over wifi. I only only get 8Mbps down on my iPad 3 but 105Mbps on my desktop PC over a wired connection. Apple has always had problems with wifi, search the Apples support forums for wifi issues and you'll see plenty of hits.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:45 PM

681 posts, read 1,560,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esiebert7625 View Post
It's wifi, lots of things can impact your speed and don't expect blazing speeds over wifi. I only only get 8Mbps down on my iPad 3 but 105Mbps on my desktop PC over a wired connection. Apple has always had problems with wifi, search the Apples support forums for wifi issues and you'll see plenty of hits.
Yes - but after the reset in comparison it is blazing!
Glad the OP started this thread - I was planning on calling Cox tomorrow to whinge - saved me a minimum of 20 minutes on hold.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 PM

397 posts, read 659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
Yes - but after the reset in comparison it is blazing!
Glad the OP started this thread - I was planning on calling Cox tomorrow to whinge - saved me a minimum of 20 minutes on hold.
I'll give you that, from 2Mbps to 11Mbps is a big increase. SOP for any electronic device that has any issue at all is to reboot first and try again ;-)

Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Hmm make's sense. Mine was easy from the get go though. I live in a apartment and it's all prewired. I did self install to activate 1 receiver, with the cheapest digital internet package and HDDVR box. Than I got advanced internet. But to turn service back on they just have to open their access port, same way they did with the shut off. I am bummed at this customer service. I really want to cancel based on principle but I know the product century link offers and prefer Cox's. I am upgrading to that deal a member on here told me about a couple pages back on this topic. If I ever get my services back . The upgrade isn't going to take place until after the move anyway though.
I had Cox, switched to CL to take advantage of an offer, then went back to Cox for another deal. When the CL guy came out he bad-mouthed the work done by Cox and the quality of their hardware and replaced all the fittings, etc. When the Cox guy came out when I went back to them, he said what junk and crappy work CL does and cut off all their fittings and used his own. Unless you let them in to do what they will on the install, they will blame your "wire" for everything that goes on from that point. It is a pain to wait for them I know, but it's a one and done thing if you don't change often.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:09 AM

Wouldn't you know. Arizona is near the bottom of the pile when it comes to internet as well.

Which U.S. state has the fastest Internet speed? Virginia - CBS News

Old 08-08-2014, 10:33 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Wouldn't you know. Arizona is near the bottom of the pile when it comes to internet as well.

Which U.S. state has the fastest Internet speed? Virginia - CBS News
I think that has more to do with what service people can afford or choose to pay for then what is actually available. The vast majority of people in Arizona have access to speeds much higher than what is being shown as the "average" for the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area