Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:49 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times

Advertisements

No one has to give Republicans a bad name, they earned it rightfully. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 09:40 PM

107 posts, read 157,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
No one has to give Republicans a bad name, they earned it rightfully. Just saying.
There seem to be quite a few people Democrats & Republicans who are moving here. They seem to like it, or they wouldn't move here.There seem to be quite a few people who are moving here legally and illegally. They seem to like it, or they wouldn't move here.
As a native all the negativity upsets me.
No place is perfect. At the risk of getting my hands slapped by the moderators here let me politely express my opinion:
TWO WORDS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE PLEASE LEAVE!

Old 09-29-2014, 10:14 PM

612 posts, read 1,021,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catavenger View Post
At the risk of getting my hands slapped by the moderators here let me politely express my opinion:
Aside from clearly misunderstanding how to be polite on the internet, this statement also doesn't make any sense. Part of the nature of being "home" is that if things go sour (i.e.: the economy falling through the floor), you will be interested in staying and seeing it fixed. For all of everybody's disagreements here, the common thread seems to be some dismay about the state of the economy and the desire to see the problems turned around.

If you consider Phoenix, or Arizona as a whole, to be your home and you have problems with the way things are then you should definitely stay and try to make it better. If things go bad and you just pick up and leave, then what? Leave every place you go any time something goes wrong? That won't work for you or the communities you abandon along the way.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaAZ View Post
Aside from clearly misunderstanding how to be polite on the internet, this statement also doesn't make any sense. Part of the nature of being "home" is that if things go sour (i.e.: the economy falling through the floor), you will be interested in staying and seeing it fixed. For all of everybody's disagreements here, the common thread seems to be some dismay about the state of the economy and the desire to see the problems turned around.

If you consider Phoenix, or Arizona as a whole, to be your home and you have problems with the way things are then you should definitely stay and try to make it better. If things go bad and you just pick up and leave, then what? Leave every place you go any time something goes wrong? That won't work for you or the communities you abandon along the way.

The reason I feel they should leave is that that they don't seem willing to work and fix the problems. They play the blame game and say "It's the Tea Party's fault" of they blame it on the Republicans.
I just feel that those negative ones who blame and who cry and hate might be happier in another state.

Last edited by Catavenger; 09-29-2014 at 10:55 PM..

Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,178,992 times
Quote:
There seem to be quite a few people Democrats & Republicans who are moving here. They seem to like it, or they wouldn't move here.There seem to be quite a few people who are moving here legally and illegally. They seem to like it, or they wouldn't move here.
As a native all the negativity upsets me.
No place is perfect. At the risk of getting my hands slapped by the moderators here let me politely express my opinion:
Agreed 100%. And if you stay, vote responsibly this fall to support our fed-backed RE economy in Phoenix and AZ. Don't kill or antagonize the goose that lays golden eggs for us. Don't follow ideology but what's best for Arizona. This is our chance to get it right and we do not have much time left.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:31 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,178,992 times
Quote:
The reason I feel they should leave is that that they don't seem willing to work and fix the problems. They play the blame game and say "It's the Tea Party's fault" of they blame it on the Republicans.
I just feel that those negative ones who blame and who cry and hate might be happier in another state.
So you just stick with those leaders that ruin our economy? Is that your answer to our problems? I would call this dangerous apathy. How are we supposed to make any progress with such attitudes?

Old 09-30-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
So you just stick with those leaders that ruin our economy? Is that your answer to our problems? I would call this dangerous apathy. How are we supposed to make any progress with such attitudes?
Just think really carefully what is "Progress"

Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,727,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Yes, the defense industry used to be a major player to the economy, as well as the 5 C's....

I don't think it's ridiculous for the people of this state to not want to be at the bottom of the list in every category. What may have been more acceptable when this state had 100,000 people is not necessarily OK at 6.5 million. It's time for this state to grow up and get it together.

But when wasn't it a poor state?

As for defense, what was here? Seriously, was there a huge manufacturing facility that left (I came here from CT home of Pratt/UT, Sikorsky and GD Electric Boat among others)?

Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,982,834 times
Excellent discussion. Pretty much summarizes what has been said many times in other threads.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:18 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
But when wasn't it a poor state?

As for defense, what was here? Seriously, was there a huge manufacturing facility that left (I came here from CT home of Pratt/UT, Sikorsky and GD Electric Boat among others)?
General Dynamics and Boeing (AH-64 Apache specifically). Motorola used to have a huge presence here...Orbital is still here (think Rocket Scientists). Not the level of the Sikorsky facilities (I was really impressed driving into Trumbull and watching the helicopters taking off over the river) but it was here.

And no...this has not always been a poor State, nor is it. AZ is normally around 18 or 19 for highest Gross State Product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area