Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:39 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,766,587 times

Advertisements

I would invite this knobhead to go to the nursery with me to pick out some new plants of his liking. Just call him out. I bet he is the type that just likes to fight with people. Must be a very small, frustrated man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 12:24 PM

6 posts, read 9,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You said you trim them 4 times a year on both sides to deal with the flowers, but it still seems that you are admitting these bushes hang over into his property still think your wrong. He should have spoken to you about it sooner then just blowing a gasket when you talked to him. I can understand how he throws stuff over into your yard. My old neighbor was like you let his trees hang over into my yard. I had to drive truck loads of branches to the dump and pay to dispose of them after monsoon wind cracked a big limb into my yard. He would not answer his door I knew someone was home.
No, I trim the plants so they don't get out of control. Lead trees can get well over 30 feet tall. If trimmed regularly, they will grow as a bush. If they are not trimmed, they will produce fuzzies, then 8 inch long seed pods, which would lead to even more trees. I also have a couple on the other side of the house as shade trees that are over 20 feet tall. I let those form a trunk, then I trim the upper branches twice a year to keep them from producing seed pods. The trees are nutrient rich, and the chipped branches make great mulch.

On a side note, the neighbor came out one day this week and started ranting about our sprinkler hitting his yard. The spot where it is hitting his yard is where he cut down one of our trees earlier this year and it didn't fill back in, so some water was making it through. He yelled that I was flooding his yard, and then something about contacting his lawyer (I had started walking away at that point). The sprinklers run for about 5 minutes every few days, and our yard doesn't get flooded, so I really don't think the little bit that was making it to his rocks (from a sprinkler 10 feet away through a 2 foot opening) was doing any damage. I went out that night and made some adjustments to a few sprinkler heads, and it doesn't appear anything is going through to his yard anymore. Interestingly enough, it has rained for 3 days since his rant about our sprinkler. I didn't see him run out and throw a tarp over his yard to keep it from getting wet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area