Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:49 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
When people are saying "They are great"...what do you guys mean? What is it that they are doing "great"?
Install went smooth, worked directly with the owners son-in-law who runs the place. He spent several hours with me trying to get me setup just the way I wanted that ADT said "couldn't be done". I've had a couple questions since the install and when I called I was transferred to the owners son-in-law and not some low level person. I've had no trouble with billing, monitoring or the equipment.

Price is MUCH better than what I was paying with ADT and I'm getting a bunch more features (cell connection, mobile app, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 11:52 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,944,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Install went smooth, worked directly with the owners son-in-law who runs the place. He spent several hours with me trying to get me setup just the way I wanted that ADT said "couldn't be done". I've had a couple questions since the install and when I called I was transferred to the owners son-in-law and not some low level person. I've had no trouble with billing, monitoring or the equipment.

Price is MUCH better than what I was paying with ADT and I'm getting a bunch more features (cell connection, mobile app, etc.).
That's the kind of replies I like to see!

Old 12-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
That's the kind of replies I like to see!
Glad I was able to meet your expectations.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post

To add to this, the work Bulwark Security did was...I wanted a "zone" for the downstairs of my two story home that had the motion detectors activated at night while the upstairs motion detectors are off. Bulwark set up a "night stay" zone that does just that. My downstairs motion detectors are activated at night along with all the other doors, windows and glass-break detectors. The only difference is that the upstairs motion detectors are off in this mode.

They also added a separate wireless keypad to go with the two wired keypads I already had.

He also put a contact on my overhead garage door so that is monitored as well.

ADT told me all of these things could not be done but Jeff at Bulwark Security spent time with me to get it setup just the way I wanted.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:39 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
I like dogs, but I don't want to have a dog. Besides if we did get a dog, it would probably be like a Shih-Tzu lol not scaring away anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunluv View Post
The dog option I've discounted because the dog would be larger and hence never come in, always outside. I should think about it and see if there's a way, without neglecting the dog.
Understand. What I've read is it's just the noise of any dog barking, no matter the size, that makes most intruders not want to hang around if they start trying to get into a house and hear a dog barking inside. Burglars don't like any kind of noise when they are trying to sneak into one's house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Please skip the dog idea if you'd leave it outside 24/7.
Agree. I never understood why people do such a thing. Not fair to the dog. And not considerate to the neighbors if it's a barker.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:54 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
I agree with the poster who mentioned Front Point. A little pricier up front, but they are top notch.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:53 PM

550 posts, read 1,127,093 times
When you have a security system installed you have to look not only at the cost of the system but at the cost of the monitoring. That's where they are making their money. We have Bonds. We pay 26.50 $ a month for monitoring. I think ADT is at least 10$ more expensive per month.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:10 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
I had ADT and it was one of the biggest mistakes I made. The equipment is not "free" as they insinuate. You are locked into a 3 year contract and if you break it, you have to pay a large fee. Most of the time, you are paying for ADT monitoring but the install and equipment is done by a local subcontractor. This local subcontractor can be hit or miss. And these subcontractors vary in terms of deals and equipment.

We have Cox now and I would not recommend Cox either. It's a better version of ADT which is not saying much. They are very ADT-like as well. It's the same scenario. You are locked into a contract to pay for the equipment. Cox's system also requires a subscription through their high speed internet so it's another way they get you because you are locked into paying for that because their alarm monitoring runs through their high speed internet. Cox's "glass break sensors" are these sensors that you stick to a wall that points at the glass and are not attached to the glass itself. Supposedly, if someone breaks the glass, it will pick it up? We got their cameras also and the quality of their cameras look nothing like they advertise on television. The picture is not clear and almost has a grayscale quality to it.

I went with both systems out of convenience but I understand now that if you want a true quality system, it' better to go with a local company that does a custom install. They are quite a bit more expensive but worth it. I have friends who have have these more elaborate systems and they are much nicer.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 12-08-2014 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,810 times
Another vote for NOT using ADT.

We put in a camera surveillance system and could not be happier. The signs required to notify of recording keeps 99% of folks away. There is always one though...today, a dog walker who let her dog void in our yard.

I caught it all on tape.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:44 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,689,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryberry View Post
There is always one though...today, a dog walker who let her dog void in our yard.

I caught it all on tape.
I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the t.v. show - with a voiceover by John Bunnell !

"These dastardly villians *thought* they could poop all over the neighborhood, without picking any of it up. They thought wrong, and didn't realize that we're SMARTER than them.. we've got it *all* on *tape!* "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: