Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,227 times

Advertisements

Moving possibly to that area and would like to know if it's a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
It's pretty rundown. Maybe not particularly dangerous but not extraordinarily safe either. That's the western border of "The Square". You should be able to find several threads on it.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:10 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
"the Square", bordered by, I think, Cave Creek, Greenway, 32nd St, and Thunderbird or so, used to be pretty notoriously crime-ridden.....became pretty well-known for that and much has been improved recently as a result....as Detroit says, it's certainly not the garden spot of the valley now, but safer than 10 years ago....it's a mix of basic apartments, single-family homes, business strip malls, the usual....actually, a pretty convenient spot near the 51.....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ay-square.html

Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 PM

518 posts, read 871,604 times
I always wondered what was up with this area. How Bell/Greenway looked rundown in parts but nothing out of the ordinary like it felt unsafe. Didn't know the neighborhood had a reputation. Upon further research the "Square" is Greenway to Bell and Cave Creek to 32nds St.

Google mapping some of the streets I see a lot of trailers mostly. I've read it's a lot of the low wage workers at the upscale Scottsdale/Phoenix resorts etc. call the area home.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:57 AM

445 posts, read 515,299 times
The Square itself isn't great, but it isn't the worst place in the world at all. There tend to be legitimately higher property crime rates in that pocket but it isn't significantly worse than most other parts of the city, just a little bit of a higher concentration of low income residents. The neighborhood immediately outside that pocket in any direction is perfectly fine though. There are a few relatively newer developments around there, especially west of Cave Creek and south of Bell. I probably wouldn't live within the Square itself, but I wouldn't hesitate to move to any of the areas near it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area