Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 04:47 AM

594 posts, read 699,088 times

Advertisements

My only regret is I didn't leave San Diego when I first turned 18.

I wasted a lot of years in a lot of different states.

You told me Arizona was too hot...

You told me Arizona was like a blast furnace with everything beige & brown and I would hate it....

You told me there was nothing to do in Arizona...

You told me Arizona was full of people who couldn't make it in California...

You told me Arizona would run out of water....

You told me Arizona was racist...

WHAT YOU DIDN'T TELL ME WAS MOST OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME........now live in ARIZONA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,148,805 times
All misnomers regarding our State. If you want to see the negatives in a place you were. I was looking at old pictures we have taken of the kids over the past 7 years or so last night...what was funny was that in NONE of the backgrounds were a classic "desert" landscape. The pool? Check. Trees and grass? Check. Pine trees below the Mogollon Rim? Check. Sedona was the closest we had to a desert backdrop in any of the pictures.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:55 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Strange, isn't it?

I think some people are just chronic complainers in life about most anything/everything. Or perhaps they're more clever then I'm giving them credit for and want more of AZ for themselves, trying to keep everyone else away?

Old 02-24-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Or perhaps they're more clever then I'm giving them credit for and want more of AZ for themselves, trying to keep everyone else away?
^^^^^ More likely this. Welcome To AZ, Now Go Home.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:02 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
^^^^^ More likely this. Welcome To AZ, Now Go Home.
Right!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:46 AM

45 posts, read 37,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
All misnomers regarding our State. If you want to see the negatives in a place you were. I was looking at old pictures we have taken of the kids over the past 7 years or so last night...what was funny was that in NONE of the backgrounds were a classic "desert" landscape. The pool? Check. Trees and grass? Check. Pine trees below the Mogollon Rim? Check. Sedona was the closest we had to a desert backdrop in any of the pictures.
Well that kinda explains it right? The reason all your photos were taken with those backdrops is because they are scenic and desirable. Natural desert...not so much. (And by natural I don't mean "desert landscaping" or "xeriscaping")

Old 02-24-2015, 12:28 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
My only regret is I didn't leave San Diego when I first turned 18.

I wasted a lot of years in a lot of different states.

You told me Arizona was too hot...

You told me Arizona was like a blast furnace with everything beige & brown and I would hate it....

You told me there was nothing to do in Arizona...

You told me Arizona was full of people who couldn't make it in California...

You told me Arizona would run out of water....

You told me Arizona was racist...

WHAT YOU DIDN'T TELL ME WAS MOST OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME........now live in ARIZONA
Actually... what does that say about all those people in San Diego and California... and all those other states?

Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM

182 posts, read 264,365 times
Intense Summer heat in the desert can sometimes seem to suck the energy right out of your legs when you're just trying to walk across a parking lot, but that's usually just a weird effect of the tempearture change between the temp in a building or air conditioned car and the outside oven we live in. You get used to it and your body adapts but that can also be a sign of dehydration.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sder View Post
Well that kinda explains it right? The reason all your photos were taken with those backdrops is because they are scenic and desirable. Natural desert...not so much. (And by natural I don't mean "desert landscaping" or "xeriscaping")
Actually...we don't go out into the "desert" much. These are pictures taken around the neighborhood, at friends' houses, birthday parties, etc. A majority were taken in Chandler and Gilbert...you wouldn't know that we live in a desert just by looking at the pictures.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:23 AM

594 posts, read 699,088 times
17 years people and cannot wait for the summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area